cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New FOrum layout

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
The Asus forums were already painfully slow. Now to get to the same topic or sub-topic, we have to drill down further, which just makes matters much worse.

If you are provide such slow web pages, you should be flattening the topics out rather than making us drill down deeper.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case
57 REPLIES 57

Nate152

Bahz
Level 12
geneo wrote:
The Asus forums were already painfully slow. Now to get to the same topic or sub-topic, we have to drill down further, which just makes matters much worse.

If you are provide such slow web pages, you should be flattening the topics out rather than making us drill down deeper.

Thanks for the feedback.

I know at first it's going to be annoying and we already predicted how most people would react. Sometimes we need to make compromises to move to the next level.

The new forum which is still being worked on is scheduled to be released later this year and it's going to have a lot less text and will be more visual. With that being said, it means that the forum has to be a lot shorter, so the reason why we had to add extra layers to better organize all the categories. We're doing this restructuring ahead of time because it will make the transition over to the new platform much smoother.

sk2play
Level 13
Looking forward to the new developments, Bahz.
What I like about ASUS ROG forum technically and mostly is the no third party ads (side bar) that stifle the experience (name your other forum site here).
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

PerpetualCycle
Level 13
Ah thanks. I thought this was it. LOL.

ROG Hero XIII | 10900k @5.2 GHz | g.skill 2x32GB 4200 CL18 | ROG Strix 2070S | EK Nucleus 360 Dark | 6TB SSD/nvme, 16TB external HDD | 2x 1440p | Vanatoo speakers with Klipsch sub | Fractal Meshify 2 case

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm well...a few thoughts off the top of my head

If the first page up is supposed to be simple or paired down it's not doing a great job at the moment

Fully one third of the page is ROG Spain which could/should be in Regional rog forums...Is this because I'm in Spain...anyone else see this
I don't want to...not on home page...and this is from someone who speaks Spanish like a native and lives in Spain..

BANG up top should be main ROG hardware categories...MB GPU desktop PC...can already see people just spamming top of the page item (general discussion) with hardware questions...

LCD Dispay? = ROG Displays

below Overclocking....Gaming...moding/builds

Then peripherals headsets soundcards etc

All things laptop should be in a well defined separate area...since the users seem incapable of putting threads in that section at the moment...they mushroom everywhere but where they can get the help they want/need

I cannot believe there is a console sub forum! 😮

Arne Saknussemm wrote:

Fully one third of the page is ROG Spain which could/should be in Regional rog forums...Is this because I'm in Spain...anyone else see this
I don't want to...not on home page...and this is from someone who speaks Spanish like a native and lives in Spain.

I am in the USA and not viewing this on the internet. I do know 'webspeak' -- they know what Country we live in by our host web service and cater to us (in our interest). Amazon does this as well.
Corsair 500R Case, H110 Hydro, 1200AX PSU, Asus Maximus Hero VI MB, Intel 4770K CPU, Gigabyte GPU GV-N98TWF3OC-6GD, G-Skill Trident 2400MHz 32GB, Crucial M500 960GB SSD, Seagate 6TB HDD x2, Creative SBZ to Denon AVR-4311ci - Infinity Primus 5.1 w/Klipsch Sub XW-300d, HP ZR30w 30" S-IPS LCD, W10 64bit

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
The single biggest issue and annoyance for me is that when you select 'New Posts' and then select a post from the list it takes you to the start of that post or the top of the page if you directly select a page number. I then have to wade to the section of the post that is new. Further to this, if I select 'New Posts' again I still see the posts that I've just read. Dammed annoying!

Janne-71
Level 7
I agree old layout/topic system was a lot better. Now you have to click and click if you want to see what's posted and where.

xeromist
Code_Frenzy wrote:
The single biggest issue and annoyance for me is that when you select 'New Posts' and then select a post from the list it takes you to the start of that post or the top of the page if you directly select a page number. I then have to wade to the section of the post that is new. Further to this, if I select 'New Posts' again I still see the posts that I've just read. Dammed annoying!

I believe that is a function of the forum software. It probably only marks unread threads and not the last post you actually read. If so, there's no way to take you to the last post you missed.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…