cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonzr Phoebus vs Maximus VIII Formula SupremeFX 2015

SlappyJoe
Level 7
Hi I just build a new system using the Maximus VIII Formula. My question is should I use my Xonar Phoebus sound card that I purchased several years ago, or should I just use the Formula SupremeFX sound system? I don't use speakers at all, just my Sennheiser 360 headset. Thank You
2 REPLIES 2

Florin
Level 7
And what`s holding you to test them both and see which sounds better for you ? But i`ll probably go with the Phoebus, but still go give it a try, i did this test with my Phoebus vs Maximus VII Ranger and the Phoebus sounds better for me.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Florin wrote:
And what`s holding you to test them both and see which sounds better for you ? But i`ll probably go with the Phoebus, but still go give it a try, i did this test with my Phoebus vs Maximus VII Ranger and the Phoebus sounds better for me.

I can do that and will most likely do it, but I wanted opinions from others with far better hearing than me. I spend 40 years working in a power plant and the background noise of turbines, pumps and compressors have taken a toll on my ears. I can hear ok, it just takes a little longer for my hearing to acclimate to game sounds. Good sound quality is even better for those who can't distinguish it.