cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G75VW GTX 670M heat and temprature question.

Mertades
Level 7
Hi everyone.
First of all, thank you for reading and helping. If there is any english grammer mistake, sorry for it. 🙂

http://i.hizliresim.com/D2JB7y.png

I am using G75VW about 2 years. Never oc'd before. And i dont want to oc still. I clean fans every 2 months.(only filters). And I dont use the laptop with battery when i plug it to electrict. I am using this laptop under heavy conditions, for example I use engineering programs about minimum 5 hours. sometimes i play games like bf4 elder scrolls online (under nvidia optimized graphics), about minimum 7 hours (sometimes 10 hours lol). My question is , the max temperature was 70~ degrees 5-6 months ago. But now it is 86 C as you see. Is it safety ? Sometimes the fan noise is so much. Do i need to buy cooler to under the laptop ? Because i have no job about 2 months and i play video games so much like 8-10 hours in a day.
I searched that question on internet but some people says it is safety, and the others say it is not safety. And that made me confused.

Another question , Can I use this laptop for 1 more year ? Bcs, I can upgrade it only 1 year after.
7 REPLIES 7

Lunaraiyne
Level 7
Are those CPU or GPU temperatures? Usually anything above 80C starts to get a little bit scary, but your computer should be able to handle it. A cooling pad might help you a little bit, maybe, or you could manually push the fans to maximum speed by using an application. I use one on my G750JM, it's called NoteBook Fan Control I believe. Sometimes your computer has the fans running high, but they aren't running at max. And yes, this will wear them out a little bit quicker than normal use, but the maxims should last you longer too

It's gpu. Cpu temp is fine. (Cpu's max temp is 68)

I will use that program. Does asus al suite 1/2/3 work ?

You don't mention cleaning the dust out of the filters and fan blades? I would attempt this but if in two years you haven't been keeping up with the dust it could be blanked up and a dissemble would be required to remove it? If in fact you have been keeping up with the dust on a regular basis.

No AI suite will not work. from your description of deteriorating temps, suggest the pasting of your GPU is failing and could totally fail at any time. I would have the pasting redone to insure you get another year out of it. While your CPU Temps are still good both should be repasted with quality past, IC Diamond seem to be what all the custom vendors are offering. But your notebook needs to be completely dissembled to do one so it would be foolish not to do both while its open.

Here is a serious test of 47 different thermal paste
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

InfernoStorm
Level 10
Definitely need to reapply some new thermal grease on both the GPU and CPU. Use Thermal Grizzly, the best thermal paste that's sold through retail.

Sorry guys for late reply. I was busy with work a lot..
I clean the dust every month. But I did not apply any thermal paste.
Well, when i clear the dust , I noticed a little thermal paste leak. I am not sure it's from the gpu or cpu but it was at the right side of laptop. The leak was 1-2 mm.
Well I guess I should buy a good termal paste and applu by myself or find a good and fast notebook service. Today I was going to buy zallman cooler 🙂 But first I should apply the paste

Thank you guys, I didn't think the thermal paste. 🙂

Laptop cooling pads rarely make any significant difference (~ 3C), maybe if you use your laptop in the bad or on some kind of rug they give it some breathing space. I would try the repaste first before wasting money on a cooler
Laptop: G751JL
Processor: i7-4750HQ
Graphics Card: GTX 965M
Memory: 8 GB Samsung (stock)
Storage #1: Samsung 850 EVO 250gb
Storage #2: 1 TB 7200 rpm (stock)

I just came from service.
They cleaned laptop with compressed air. and repaste thermal. They used ic essential e2 cooler master.
Now the GPU's temp is max 74C . I guess it is good , it was 86 celcius. I runned Elder scrolls online and solidworks at the same time. Generally i dont play games when i work on solidworks :). And I made a simple model . And after 40 minutes gpu is 74C .
And the fan noise was so much but now there is a little noise.
Everything is perfect. ?