cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New gl552vw wow.... Problems!!!!!!

falcon127usa
Level 9
I just got a NEW ... GL552VW-DH71 Win 10. WOW BIG PROBLEMS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!! WOW!

I have 30 days to RETURN this Pewter to the Retailer if needed. I would like ASUS to guide me in fixing it.

I get (RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX) ALERT: ( Display driver stopped responding and has recovered ) this messages flashes about every 3 to 5 seconds.

Also during Video Play the screen sometimes goes all white and does not recover. Sometimes it goes all Black and does not recover.

These issues are intermittent.

This Computer has other issues too.

This is a One Thousand Dollar Computer ... Too much Money to be having these PROBLEMS!

I would like to SPEAK to an ASUS Tech Rep who can help me solve this issue! I need a LIVING BREATHING Human to speak to please.

Please give me the NUMBER to ASUS Technical Support I need to speek to some one or return the computer to the retailer

Thank YOu
15 REPLIES 15

Julskey
Level 10
Have unit exchanged.

Ancients
Level 10
You can talk to ASUS here via text chat https://www.asus.com/us/support/article/743 or call them at 1 (888) 678-3688, or find other support options like starting an RMA here https://www.asus.com/us/support/

JustinThyme
Level 13
falcon127usa wrote:
I just got a NEW ... GL552VW-DH71 Win 10. WOW BIG PROBLEMS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!!! WOW!

I have 30 days to RETURN this Pewter to the Retailer if needed. I would like ASUS to guide me in fixing it.

I get (RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX) ALERT: ( Display driver stopped responding and has recovered ) this messages flashes about every 3 to 5 seconds.

Also during Video Play the screen sometimes goes all white and does not recover. Sometimes it goes all Black and does not recover.

These issues are intermittent.

This Computer has other issues too.

This is a One Thousand Dollar Computer ... Too much Money to be having these PROBLEMS!

I would like to SPEAK to an ASUS Tech Rep who can help me solve this issue! I need a LIVING BREATHING Human to speak to please.

Please give me the NUMBER to ASUS Technical Support I need to speek to some one or return the computer to the retailer

Thank YOu

You can file a ticket online but its dependent on what country you are in as to where and how you contact and get contacted.
You can start here https://www.asus.com/support/

Just be aware that this is a user forum and very few ASUS representatives look here.

My advice is if you still have an open exchange period would be to exchange it. Fastest route.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

I had to RMA my computer for the video issue you're having at less than 30 days old. They ended up replacing the motherboard due to the 960M being faulty.

AtlasMinor
Level 8
Aye,

Agree with exchange the unit. If in person ask to see the exchange can be shown working in store, almost all retailers allow this for any purchase over 200$.

Take it home see if you run into the same problem. I call something like this a Ghost Machine.
Haunted and plagued by what is known in my field as electrical phenomenon's were parts start going bad from original problem on the board and in the chips sit to make new problems while the old problem comes haunting back.

a haunted (Ghost Machine). Not to be confused with the ghost in the machine theory. 🙂

Has problems that are fixable but after repairs another problem happens. Simple exchange can fix this, and could never have a single problem with it. If the 960m is flagged faulty recall, contact support and inquire about another model similair to what your looking for if no work around is available. My2Cents.

Thanks Guys! For all the Good Information on this issue. I will defiantly peruse this Malfunction. I have read about this same Video Glitch on other Gaming Computer sites. Seems as if a lot of New ASUS Customers are having this problem.

This is what I Got: DISPLAY DRIVER STOPPED RESPONDING AND HAS RECOVERED. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 353.54 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

That's It.
Thanks Again for all the Help
Falcon

falcon127usa wrote:
This is what I Got: DISPLAY DRIVER STOPPED RESPONDING AND HAS RECOVERED. Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernal Mode Driver, Version 353.54 stopped responding and has successfully recovered.

Had a similar issue about five years ago with a Lenovo i7/ATI unit when they first came out. Again with this ASUS GL552VW 6700HQ i7/NVidia 960M when I unpacked it. Updating the display drivers solved the problem in both cases.

Hi,

Had the same issues, really out of the box issues are inexcusable. I'm currently on Beta Intel driver and uninstalled the ASUS III thingy

I also experienced video driver crashes (Intel only) right out of the box. I've updated both the NVidia and Intel drivers and the situation seems to have improved, but I need to use my GL552 much more before declaring a "fix."

I will also agree that these issues really needed to be resolved before the GL552VW was released. Even if these video driver problems are not the fault of ASUS, I can't blame users for the numerous bad reviews I am seeing online. Shame, since other than this issue I think the GL552VW is an impressive laptop.