cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia next generation

Janne-71
Level 7
I've read rumors nvidia 1000 generation would not be using hbm2 memory at all....do you guys think this is true? Apparently amd polaris will use it.

Looking to upgrade my video card when new cards come but i hope they would be with the new memory technology or i won't.
98 REPLIES 98

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yes, seems 1080 and 1070 will be GDDR5 or GDDR5X...GP104 chips....pretty par for the course in latest Nvidia release cycles

Maybe saving HBM2 for GP100 later

AMD will probably be same...different memory on different cards...higher end with HBM2 lower with GDDR5X or GDDR5

Vlada011
Level 10
GP100 is what lot of us wait.
TITAN X successor. It would be stupid if someone didn't bought
GTX980Ti or TITAN X before one year and now chase 10% stronger card. Only 10-20% after whole year of waiting.
AMD could launch slower card similar as Fury X and premium with HBM2.
In that case they will be in advantage compare to GDDR5X.
But many people want premium card, first chip after GK110 build and for professional purpose.
Probably GeForce with 16GB and other with 32GB but not as GeForce.

Janne-71
Level 7
When is this gp100 supposed to release? Perhaps it would be price range of what Titanx is now.

Nate152
Noone knows when it will be released Nvidia never gives us details until it's maybe a week or two away. I see they're going to release the big boys first this time around though.

I will speculate april or may.

http://www.guru3d.com/news-story/nvidia-big-pascal-taped-out-gp100-silicon.html

Heini
Level 11
Thanks for the link Nate. I guess the Titans will get an early start :cool: .

Nate152

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hmmm if anything latest news means Titan will not be coming any time soon and the Pascal cycle will be similar to GTX 680/670 and original Titan saga

They might release 1080/1070 GP104 baby Pascal GDDR5....then 1080/1070 GP104 baby Pascal GDDR5X

Then they might release a sawn off GP100 TitanX like first Titan gen with HBM2

Then when the whole process is more mature and they have plenty of full fat chips the TitanXsquared

With maybe an 1180 in the middle like the 780 and an 1180Ti.....

etc etc etc 😄

Nate152
I guess we'll just keep our arms crossed and tapping our foot while we wait until they're released. 😉

Heini
Level 11
Guess I can afford to wait since the new Hitman game runs well enough on a Titan X, but I want it all and I want it now!