Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Member Array

I'm going to contact asus for a replacment as it's too late to exchange with the supplier. It's frustrating because I have no ips glow and 1 tiny bit of back light bleed. I'll post any updates.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by onJa007 View Post
    I'm going to contact asus for a replacment as it's too late to exchange with the supplier. It's frustrating because I have no ips glow and 1 tiny bit of back light bleed. I'll post any updates.
    I am in a very similar boat as you. Except for me, it is the occasional left vertical broken light in the margin between the normal screen area and the bezel--that thin 1/8th of an inch on all four sides. I've also noticed an occasional vertical line in the middle of the screen where it appears that the image is split into two. All of this seems to be cured by powering the monitor on and off.

I would check to see if in 165hz mode that the problem is more prevalent but a) I've had a lot of problems in the last week using that mode--waking from sleep was fine but whenever I rebooted, windows had trouble loading when set to 165hz. I even had to reinstall windows after trying to fix the problem.

Last week, I contacted ASUS tech support and they advised me to try a different DisplayPort cable. I knew I wouldn't have enough time to wait for the cable delivery and to do testing before my 30 day return period ended so I put in a RMA request from B&H, just in case.

Well the DP cable arrived and there was no change in behavior. Now I'm out the cost of the cable because returning it will cost me almost as much as the cable itself.

After reading everyone's comments in this thread and others, I will exchange my PG279q for a new one and take my chances that the BLB is not worse than it is now because while present, if I turn down the brightness by using sRGB mode, it is pretty tolerable except for IPS glow in the lop left.

I'll report back here in TWO WEEKS after I receive my replacement.
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos IMG_20160321_1116286.jpg  

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by onJa007 View Post
    Yeah. The monitor works perfectly at 144hz. It's a bit annoying as I bought the monitor to play at 165hz but I could find out in time if the issue was the monitor to return/replace it
    And by the way, how is it possible that the monitor doesn't work in this advertised mode? I have two MSI GTX 970 cards...this should work, right? At least on older games.

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

Quote Originally Posted by GamerMan View Post
    And by the way, how is it possible that the monitor doesn't work in this advertised mode? I have two MSI GTX 970 cards...this should work, right? At least on older games.
    Now that i read you have sli, i wonder could that be part of the problem. For amusement try with one 970 does it work then? Works with my single 970. Also that white vertical line...is your game in fullscreen mode? I noticed something like that when one of my games was in windowed mode...like a border of a window.
    Last edited by Janne-71; 03-31-2016 at 02:27 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    Now that i read you have sli, i wonder could that be part of the problem. For amusement try with one 970 does it work then? Works with my single 970. Also that white vertical line...is your game in fullscreen mode? I noticed something like that when one of my games was in windowed mode...like a border of a window.
    I run all my games in fullscreen mode. I noticed on GTA V when I do switch to windowed mode that the monitor's FPS counter stays fixed at whatever I set turbo mode to.

I just shipped the PG279q back this morning. If this happens again with the replacement, I'll try non-SLI mode. Good suggestion.

ROG Member Array

I also had a vertical line in the middle sometimes. Maybe it's a driver problem switching back and forth between a gsync application and the desktop as I could make it go away by making the switch again to a gsync application again and then back to the desktop. I didn't have to reboot the monitor or power it down. Using a version 360+ driver.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by GamerMan View Post
    I noticed on GTA V when I do switch to windowed mode that the monitor's FPS counter stays fixed at whatever I set turbo mode to.
    Did you make sure to activate gsync for windowed applications too? There is a separate checkbox for that in the Nvidia control panel. Because from your description it sounds like gsync was not active in windowed mode.
    Last edited by pbioew; 04-02-2016 at 10:56 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    I'm still waiting to hear back from the company about my return.
    It's interesting we all have the 970, I have the 970 strix. I tried my monitor on a friends PC who also has a 970 and managed to replicate the problem on his PC too so I know it's not my build. Could the problem lie with the graphics card? I used ShadowPlay to try and stream the problem but it didn't show up when I played the video back.

ROG Member Array

Could you make a screenshot when this issue occurs? If the screenshot shows the same issue it's most certainly neither a defect of the monitor nor of the cable. You could use Windows' built-in snipping tool or the Print screen command.

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by pbioew View Post
    Could you make a screenshot when this issue occurs? If the screenshot shows the same issue it's most certainly neither a defect of the monitor nor of the cable. You could use Windows' built-in snipping tool or the Print screen command.
    I can't capture it in a screenshot so I'm almost certain now it's the monitor. I have found if you have the application settings to boarderless window you don't get the problem, it's only with full screen.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast