cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notebook Asus rog G752 980m - Power usb notebook off

Deiz91
Level 7
Good evening everyone, I recently purchased a notebook asus rog model g752 t7004t; I noticed that once the pc off the USB ports remain powered, that's only if the AC Adaptor is connected to the notebook. The PC is updated with the latest available versions of bios, windows 10 ecc..This notebook is equipped with a USB port which allows charging of devices even pc off via a preinstalled software which I promptly eliminated, despite this, the problem persists on all ports.
I also tried to disable the USB selective suspend through the windows energy panel but with poor results ..
I felt the support asus who informed me a procedure for signing! could not give me the worst news, will be 10 days that I have this notebook because it is the first that arrived had 3 dead pixels and the ssd with serious problems and then I was replaced with a new product.
I hope there is a fix via software why buy 2300 laptop and after less than two weeks that a repair is carried over is not it in heaven or on earth.
Tell me that there is a solution as well throw it out the window.

Thank you
23 REPLIES 23

warryabel
Level 7
trow it now, the probs become more! lol:cool:

MrRuckus
Level 10
Just curious, why is this a problem?
Even desktop motherboards are being equipped with this feature more and more because people want to charge phones/tablets while their PC/Laptop is off. I don't see this as a con. Its a feature that's built into the USB ports (or port in this case as only one port on the G752 has this ability). Saves me from needing an AC adapter on a trip for my phone/tablet.

You could always try disabling Legacy USB support, not sure if that would turn off the Charger+ ability but it might. The only other option is to lock the USB ports which will turn them all off via the Bios.

I dont think Asus put the ability to turn Charger+ off in the Bios because its something most people want.
(ROG has simply become too expensive compared to the competition with same specs... 😞 )
MSI GE75 Raider 10SGS - i7 10750H - RTX 2080 Super - 32GB Ram - 1TB WD NVMe - 2TB 960 EVO - 300Hz 17inch Display
RETIRED: ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K, RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72, RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71 , RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

This is not an advantage of 4 USB ports only should remain powered through the USB charge + I have uninstalled the charge + software because I do not care.
Once you turn off your PC every 4 USB ports remain powered external hard drive then on, mouse intense and an attached device, such as Christmas tree.
Something is not working properly, the legacy option usb what is it?

Dreamonic
Level 12
There is an option in the BIOS (unlocked), "Enable/Disable ASUS USB Charger+ in battery mode".

What do you mean unlocked? I have updated to version 211.

Dreamonic
Level 12
It means you need to use AFUWIN to dump your current BIOS, use AMIBCP v5 to change and save the permission level for the Charger+ option to view it, then flash your BIOS back with AFUWIN and it'll be accessible upon next boot in the BIOS.

EDIT: Just know the risks involved if your flash fails. If it's absolutely that much of a problem you want resolved, the option above is worth a try.

Right now I'm at work and I can not try, you can write all the steps with a link to download this afuwin?

Thank you

burn0u7
Level 7
I agree with MrRuckus. i do not see this as being any sort of problem. Not even in the slightest. This is how the hardware is being designed based on demand these days. the only way to counteract this is to disable the usb port completely in the bios or unplug it from the power adapter. it wouldnt matter if you have the software installed or not when the system is powered down. at that point there's no software involved.

stop bad mouthing asus when you're the idiot and dont understand how things work. It is not a problem with the hardware. You will find most laptops and desktops do this in today's age. This is because the masses want their mobile devices to be charged whether their pc/laptop is powered on or not.

When you buy hardware online you risk the possibility of the hardware being damaged by shipping especially if you live in a 3rd world country. Not the manufactures fault. I've bought 3 high end laptops from Asus, and all of my desktops have Asus motherboards in them. i have no problems with them at all.
Desktop:
Motherboard: ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VI EXTREME
RAM: 32gb Ballistix 1866 DDR3
Chip: Intel Core i7 4770k OC'd Stable 4.8ghz
Water Cooling: Corsair H110i
Power: Corsair 1200i
Video: Asus STRIX OC'd GTX 980
Primary Hard Drive: SAMSUNG Pro 256gb SSD
55" Vizio HD display
Audio: Logitech Z5500
File Server: Dell Poweredge r710 1.3TB Hard Drive Storage 128gb RAM
Storage SAN #1: Dell Equallogic PS100e 14x 750gb SATA
Storage SAN #2: Dell Equallogic PS5000V 16x 1TB SaS

burn0u7 wrote:
I agree with MrRuckus. i do not see this as being any sort of problem. Not even in the slightest. This is how the hardware is being designed based on demand these days. the only way to counteract this is to disable the usb port completely in the bios or unplug it from the power adapter. it wouldnt matter if you have the software installed or not when the system is powered down. at that point there's no software involved.

stop bad mouthing asus when you're the idiot and dont understand how things work. It is not a problem with the hardware. You will find most laptops and desktops do this in today's age. This is because the masses want their mobile devices to be charged whether their pc/laptop is powered on or not.

When you buy hardware online you risk the possibility of the hardware being damaged by shipping especially if you live in a 3rd world country. Not the manufactures fault. I've bought 3 high end laptops from Asus, and all of my desktops have Asus motherboards in them. i have no problems with them at all.

No need for that part at all... seriously.

It's bad enough that we lose loved ones in this world and then slowly grow into a hatred way of living because of it.

Make someone feel better rather than put them down. It helps.