Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 27 of 27
  1. #21
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I totally understand that you guys want more answers and updates, however anything we say gets magnified and criticized regardless what we say. We haven't been transparent with this issue because it's a widespread issue with IPS panels welding these specs. We're doing everything in our power to improve the QC and filtering process for these panels. From internal communications where was I part of the loop, I've seen countless discussions regarding this and our product teams are working extremely hard on trying to improve the situation as much as possible. Also note that there's no way to define what is an acceptable level of backlight bleeding and what isn't, so it differs from person to person. In addition, majority of the photos shared online are not accurate and make the issue look far worse than it is. The ISO settings, angle, HDR, and shutter speed all play a role in determining how severe the blacklight bleeding looks on camera.

    I'm not going to comment further regarding this issue. I just wanted to let everyone know that we weren't just sitting there doing nothing, it's just that this issue is definitely more of a technology limitation where in the short term there aren't any real solutions to guarantee each panel has acceptable levels of backlight bleeding/informity.
    I would still appreciate if you could comment on "it's more of a technology limitation". It's been mentioned countless times that BLB is inherent to the IPS screen technology, but no one really explains why. To me BLB is what it sounds, light from the backlighting leaking through the edges. How can it leak through? Because of gaps I assume? Which means this seems like an assembly/mounting issue of the panel.

    It must mean that IPS panels are much more sensitive to an even pressure being applied to the panel, when it is mounted/assembled into the monitor plastic housing. And that Asus does not have a good enough assembly process for these panels? Is this what it ultimately means when you say "it's more of a technology" limitation.

    Because, as many users have demonstrated, BLB can be reduced or eliminated when people put pressure on the bezels, tighten or loosen certain screws, etc. Therefore I doubt that the panels come as defect from AUO. It's just that no monitor manufacturer has a way of putting them together in accurate enough assembly process.

  2. #22
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    Asus is playing this STUPID game calling regular IPS glow as backlight bleeding.

    ASUS, WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT IPS GLOW

    We are talking about the REAL backlight bleeding as we posted COUNTLESS pictures already, NOT IPS glow.

  3. #23
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Mackan View Post
    I would still appreciate if you could comment on "it's more of a technology limitation". It's been mentioned countless times that BLB is inherent to the IPS screen technology, but no one really explains why. To me BLB is what it sounds, light from the backlighting leaking through the edges. How can it leak through? Because of gaps I assume? Which means this seems like an assembly/mounting issue of the panel.

    It must mean that IPS panels are much more sensitive to an even pressure being applied to the panel, when it is mounted/assembled into the monitor plastic housing. And that Asus does not have a good enough assembly process for these panels? Is this what it ultimately means when you say "it's more of a technology" limitation.

    Because, as many users have demonstrated, BLB can be reduced or eliminated when people put pressure on the bezels, tighten or loosen certain screws, etc. Therefore I doubt that the panels come as defect from AUO. It's just that no monitor manufacturer has a way of putting them together in accurate enough assembly process.
    Frame is only part of the issue, the real issue are the panels themselves and at this moment in time it's definitely a technology limitation. As I mentioned in my previous post I'm not going to further comment about the details. For this it's not suitable for me to spew anything further that's based on my own understanding as it would be taken by the public that it's the "official" explantion from Asus, which it's not. For this part I recommend to wait for official statement/article from Asus to further clarify the details.

  4. #24
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Juston Gold View Post
    Asus is playing this STUPID game calling regular IPS glow as backlight bleeding.

    ASUS, WE ARE NOT TALKING ABOUT IPS GLOW

    We are talking about the REAL backlight bleeding as we posted COUNTLESS pictures already, NOT IPS glow.
    Juston,

    I never mentioned about IPS glow, I'm sure that everyone here already knows the difference between IPS glow and backlight bleeding.

  5. #25
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    Thanks to Bahz my RMA was escalated, I go to pick up what I thought was my replacement today only to find that they shipped me a base to a monitor, not an actual full new monitor as expected. This RMA process is so bad that I regret ever buying this stupid monitor.

  6. #26
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    36

    Quote Originally Posted by bagele View Post
    Thanks to Bahz my RMA was escalated, I go to pick up what I thought was my replacement today only to find that they shipped me a base to a monitor, not an actual full new monitor as expected. This RMA process is so bad that I regret ever buying this stupid monitor.

    Well that's certainly one way to make sure you aren't having any backlight bleed.

    All kidding aside, that's pretty terrible. I hope they make it up to you somehow. I also hope you have a back-up monitor to get you through all this time.

  7. #27
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by bagele View Post
    Thanks to Bahz my RMA was escalated, I go to pick up what I thought was my replacement today only to find that they shipped me a base to a monitor, not an actual full new monitor as expected. This RMA process is so bad that I regret ever buying this stupid monitor.
    I'll follow up and find out what happened, this is definitely unacceptable.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •