Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 27
  1. #11
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    How about us others who made questions and reports about pg279q backlight bleed etc. I wish someone from Asus staff would kindly comment about these issues. We are your customers and deserve some answers.
    I would like to know that as well. There are countless threads and posts about these issues and there is simply NO reply from ASUS.
    I've been exchanging these monitors for over 1 month now.

  2. #12
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    How about us others who made questions and reports about pg279q backlight bleed etc. I wish someone from Asus staff would kindly comment about these issues. We are your customers and deserve some answers.
    This is a service related issue and regarding the PG279Q backlight bleeding issue is more of a technology issue, not something I want to comment on. The only thing that will occur is having a lot of people using that as a reason to jump all over the admin/moderator regardless what is said.

  3. #13
    ROG Enthusiast Array
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    40

    It is a disgrace how Asus is flat out ignoring everyone regarding the PG279Q disaster.

  4. #14
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Reputation
    21
    Posts
    432

    Quote Originally Posted by Juston Gold View Post
    It is a disgrace how Asus is flat out ignoring everyone regarding the PG279Q disaster.
    It's because of people like you why the reps don't want to say anything. End of story.

  5. #15
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    Crashcourse316 PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Z97 Wifi-Pro
    ProcessorI7-4790k
    Memory (part number)32GB G-Skills
    Graphics Card #1MSI GEFORCE® GTX 1080 GAMING X 8G
    MonitorPG279Q
    Storage #1Samsumg 951 Pro m.2 512GB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100
    Power Supply1600W 80 Platinum
    OS Win10

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    15
    Posts
    219

    to the Asus Admin man or woman (i don't judge)

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    This is a service related issue and regarding the PG279Q backlight bleeding issue is more of a technology issue, not something I want to comment on. The only thing that will occur is having a lot of people using that as a reason to jump all over the admin/moderator regardless what is said.
    well put Asus Admin guy. it is a tech issue. I think we just want to know what asus is doing about the issue. Like if they are working with the panel manufacturer to resolve the issue or if asus might have anything planned to phase out this monitor with a "model" number and new panel as this models rep has been destroyed. Us customers just have no idea whats going on from the large scale resolution to this. Should we send our monitor in to fix it because asus has implimented a good panel replacment for the bad ones or are we jsut going to keep getting bad panels and should just wait a year to send you the RMA because if we send it now we are just going to get broken Ribbon cables and disassembled monitors with same or worse conditions than what we sent back.

    From my perspective I would just like to hear what ASUS is doing with the possible solutions to the monitor issues.

  6. #16
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    18

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    well put Asus Admin guy. it is a tech issue. I think we just want to know what asus is doing about the issue. Like if they are working with the panel manufacturer to resolve the issue or if asus might have anything planned to phase out this monitor with a "model" number and new panel as this models rep has been destroyed. Us customers just have no idea whats going on from the large scale resolution to this. Should we send our monitor in to fix it because asus has implimented a good panel replacment for the bad ones or are we jsut going to keep getting bad panels and should just wait a year to send you the RMA because if we send it now we are just going to get broken Ribbon cables and disassembled monitors with same or worse conditions than what we sent back.

    From my perspective I would just like to hear what ASUS is doing with the possible solutions to the monitor issues.
    Thank you, couldn't have said it better.
    I'm going to refund mine to be on the safe side, since ASUS does not offer a solution.
    I don't want to keep a defective monitor. Once you're out of your return window, you're screwed.

  7. #17
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    2

    I actually signed up to complain about this because it is so frustrating, I sent it in for an RMA in the box it came in just to receive back in pieces in some crap brown box. I opened a service complaint but I really doubt much will come of that.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0028_1920x1080.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	56502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0026_1920x1080.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	28.2 KB 
ID:	56501Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0027_1920x1080.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	27.5 KB 
ID:	56500

  8. #18
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Hi bagele,

    I sent you a PM, please provide back with the information and I'll make sure to escalate this to higher management. If you can also describe if the product is damaged or if anything is missing.

    Thanks,
    Bahz

  9. #19
    Ex-employee Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Reputation
    108
    Posts
    2,154

    Quote Originally Posted by Crashcourse316 View Post
    well put Asus Admin guy. it is a tech issue. I think we just want to know what asus is doing about the issue. Like if they are working with the panel manufacturer to resolve the issue or if asus might have anything planned to phase out this monitor with a "model" number and new panel as this models rep has been destroyed. Us customers just have no idea whats going on from the large scale resolution to this. Should we send our monitor in to fix it because asus has implimented a good panel replacment for the bad ones or are we jsut going to keep getting bad panels and should just wait a year to send you the RMA because if we send it now we are just going to get broken Ribbon cables and disassembled monitors with same or worse conditions than what we sent back.

    From my perspective I would just like to hear what ASUS is doing with the possible solutions to the monitor issues.
    I totally understand that you guys want more answers and updates, however anything we say gets magnified and criticized regardless what we say. We haven't been transparent with this issue because it's a widespread issue with IPS panels welding these specs. We're doing everything in our power to improve the QC and filtering process for these panels. From internal communications where was I part of the loop, I've seen countless discussions regarding this and our product teams are working extremely hard on trying to improve the situation as much as possible. Also note that there's no way to define what is an acceptable level of backlight bleeding and what isn't, so it differs from person to person. In addition, majority of the photos shared online are not accurate and make the issue look far worse than it is. The ISO settings, angle, HDR, and shutter speed all play a role in determining how severe the blacklight bleeding looks on camera.

    I'm not going to comment further regarding this issue. I just wanted to let everyone know that we weren't just sitting there doing nothing, it's just that this issue is definitely more of a technology limitation where in the short term there aren't any real solutions to guarantee each panel has acceptable levels of backlight bleeding/informity.
    Last edited by Bahz; 03-22-2016 at 07:42 AM.

  10. #20
    ROG Enthusiast Array Slitzerikai PC Specs
    Slitzerikai PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Origin EON-17
    MotherboardROG Rampage V Extreme
    Processori7-5930K
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Ripjaws 4 3000 MHz 4GB (32GB)
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 780 6GB SC
    Graphics Card #2EVGA 780 6GB SC
    Storage #1Crucial 1TB SSD
    Storage #2Seagate 4TB SSHD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i GTX
    CaseCooler Master HAF Stacker 935 + 915R + 915F
    Power SupplyThermaltake 1350W
    Keyboard Logitech G510
    Mouse Logitech G600
    Headset Logitech G35
    Mouse Pad Logitech G440
    Headset/Speakers Logitech 5.1 + Vizio 40" 5.1 Soundbar (wireless sub)
    OS Windows 10 Professional
    Network RouterNetgear Nighthawk X6 R8000
    Accessory #1 Logitech G13
    Slitzerikai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    27

    Quote Originally Posted by Bahz View Post
    I totally understand that you guys want more answers and updates, however anything we say gets magnified and criticized regardless what we say. We haven't been transparent with this issue because it's a widespread issue with IPS panels welding these specs. We're doing everything in our power to improve the QC and filtering process for these panels. From internal communications where was I part of the loop, I've seen countless discussions regarding this and our product teams are working extremely hard on trying to improve the situation as much as possible. Also note that there's no way to define what is an acceptable level of backlight bleeding and what isn't, so it differs from person to person. In addition, majority of the photos shared online are not accurate and make the issue look far worse than it is. The ISO settings, angle, HDR, and shutter speed all play a role in determining how severe the blacklight bleeding looks on camera.

    I'm not going to comment further regarding this issue. I just wanted to let everyone know that we weren't just sitting there doing nothing, it's just that this issue is definitely more of a technology limitation where in the short term there aren't any real solutions to guarantee each panel has acceptable levels of backlight bleeding/informity.
    And just with that little bit, you yourself have already given us way more courtesy as a whole than ASUS has, so for that I thank you, Bahz.
    High end technology, no doubt technology that's still more or less in it's infancy even, is of course going to have problems.
    I think for the majority of us here it's not so much the problems themselves that are the worst part, it's the complete radio silence from ASUS as a whole.

    Either way, regardless of what anyone here may say, I do thank you for taking the time to at least do something within your power to improve things with the ASUS customers. ^_~

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •