cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus RMA Experience

Dcompiled
Level 7
I wanted to share with you all the pleasure I had using Asus to RMA my PG278Q monitor due to backlight bleeding. The monitor was sent in for repair and returned in worse condition. I had read horror stories about monitors being shipping in bubble wrap and asked the Asus RMA rep why they would not return the monitor back in the original box. I was assured there had been no reports of damage to monitors and that fedex would cover any damage from shipment. Here is a copy of my email to them after receiving the monitor today:

I just received the monitor back today and I am extremely disappointed in the service. Not only was the monitor packed in bubble wrap and damaged as a result, but there are missing items from the base. I have attached screenshots to show the damage. As you can see, the ribbon cable on the bottom of the monitor ripped, the base was deeply scratched because of the poorly secured wrapping and the base plate is missing from the return shipment. I cannot understand how even with the discussions we had about potential damage, my concerns we completely ignored and precisely what I hoped to avoid occurred. To quote our earlier conversation:

However, ASUS is using FedEx for sending back units that were sent by customers
for repair. You can expect that your monitor will be very well taken care of. Also, we
haven't got any reports of devices sent for repair and returned back damaged
. In the
event that you received the monitor damage, you can contact us so we can file a
claim.

Let me share with you some other identical claims of how badly RMA service has been for other customers.

* http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?50168-Problem-with-my-new-ASUS-ROG-Swift-PG278Q-Blurry-text...
* https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/429887-installing-asus-rog-swift-pg278q-monitor-standbase/

You can file a claim with Fedex due to damage with shipping but it is not their fault that the monitor got damaged. Asus RMA put a bunch of heavy objects loosely in a box unsecured and this caused them to bang around and get scraped heavily as pictures indicate. It is unbelievable that the monitor was returned broken scratched and with pieces missing. It amazes me that your company returned my monitor in worse condition then it was delivered for a repair. Asus must replace the damaged monitor base due to negligence of the RMA facility.

26 REPLIES 26

Jeryn
Level 7
Hi there,

I feel for you my friend. I would like to direct people to a post I wrote about my experience with Asus customer service, which in my case was also very dissapointing.

Enjoy the read: http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83836-A-warning-from-a-sad-gamer-with-a-broken-monitor-%28

I've honestly not come across anything like this in the past when other devices have been damaged.

JronMasteR
Level 9
Oh my god! What the heck? I feel sorry for you mate. How can they do that? Why would they not use the regular box????
ASUS really has the worst customer service ever! They should be ashamed of themselves.

I'm still in the process of getting a good PG279Q... Got 4 already and all of them had stuck pixels and excessive backlight bleeding...
Exchanging them through me retailer has been a much better experience so far then RMA'ing them through ASUS.

All the best to you man, I hope you get it replaced with a new, proper unit.

I bought this monitor from newegg. The first unit had several bright green dead pixels. I exchanged for another with Newegg and it too had a dead pixel. I got a third monitor and that one had no dead pixels. A few weeks later I realized the horrible backlight issues and thats when I went through Asus for my 4th RMA. If there was any other company selling high end Gsync monitors, I would have taken my business else where.

Update - shortly after the return, after about 10 hours of use the monitor died. First the image became fuzzy, then more fuzzy, then completely turned off - no signal. Congratulations Asus, non only did your "repair" not fix the issue, you managed to actually break the monitor completely.

Juston_Gold
Level 7
NEVER EVER do an RMA to Asus. Return the monitor to which ever retailer you purchased it from. Asus will simply replace your monitor with a refurb unit and usually its worse then the one you RMAed.

Bahz
Level 12
Hi Dcompiled,

I sent you a PM, please kindly get back to me.

Thanks,
Bahz

Bahz wrote:
Hi Dcompiled,

I sent you a PM, please kindly get back to me.

Thanks,
Bahz

How about us others who made questions and reports about pg279q backlight bleed etc. I wish someone from Asus staff would kindly comment about these issues. We are your customers and deserve some answers.

Janne-71 wrote:
How about us others who made questions and reports about pg279q backlight bleed etc. I wish someone from Asus staff would kindly comment about these issues. We are your customers and deserve some answers.

Amen!

Personally, I'm waiting another week to request a replacement from B&H Photo as they are still not back in stock. Man oh man I'm starting to regret this purchase. I really hope this "next batch" were actually quality checked before shipment to stores.