cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY BIOS 211 - Left fan works more than the right?

Hmmm
Level 7
Hi!

I updated to BIOS G752VY.211 a few days ago. I am noticing that the left fan on the back of the computer works more than the right. It hasn't been that way before, as I regularly check the fans.
Is there something I should do to fix this, or is it safe to ignore? Right now, for example, I have a virus scan running in the background, and the left fan is actually quite hard at work while the right one is pretty much just relaxing.

Is there a software program I can use to determine how much work the right fan is actually doing? It would be interesting to see if such a program reports any issues.
Alternatively, how would I downgrade to the former BIOS version and check that? Is it as easy and safe as downloading the previous BIOS from the ASUS support site and just installing it, or should I go through a more complicated process?

I really appreciate any help I can get with this! 🙂
48 REPLIES 48

Clintlgm
Level 14
Yes Hwinfo64 run the sensors and you'll be able to see CPU and GPU Loads Temps and Fan speeds.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Yes Hwinfo64 run the sensors and you'll be able to see CPU and GPU Loads Temps and Fan speeds.

Thank you for linking me to that program! I have the sensor list in front of me right now, but I'm afraid I am unable to find fan speeds in the list. 😕 It's a long list, so maybe I am just missing it, but I have really tried and I can't find it. Do you have any advice if it happens to use an alternative name, or where it might be, specifically, in the long list? 🙂

Here they are on my desktop, don't have access to my laptop right now.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

Clintlgm wrote:
Here they are on my desktop, don't have access to my laptop right now.

That's weird, the program doesn't show that information on my computer 😮
Oh no! 😕 What should I do? 😞

EDIT: I just went to the ASUS Global driver support page, and it doesn't list BIOS 211. Maybe it actually wasn't meant for my specific computer, or region, or something... I'm thinking I should maybe downgrade to the latest BIOS version available on that page. Is that as easy as downloading the BIOS and just installing it, or should I use a more complicated process?

nab
Level 11
Download old previous bios (stable on)
Put the bios inside the Winflash folder to be sure.
Run Winflash with /nodate command (launch cmd, cd to your winflash folder, run the command Winflash.exe /nodate or Winflash /nodate)
You should be able to downgrade your bios without any problem.

diogogmaio
Level 7
I also noticed this problem in BIOS 211.
Are they more people with this issue?
Maybe I will try to roll back also to check the fans.
Hmmm, try to do it and if it solves your issue.

nab
Level 11
Not sure who add a negative reputation linked to my intervention
on this thread and tell that I spam in reputation comment. I was giving advice
about how to downgrade the easy way because the person ask.
If you have a problem with my intervention contact a moderator
but don't badly judge my intervention where they was nothing negative about that
You don't appreciate my intervention move on but don't act like a kid.
Thank you (sorry for the off) Take care

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
All the Bios version have bug, But i need ACHI to run Samsung 950 Pro 512GB with magician and controller. Cannot downgrade.
I'm still waiting for the responds, and updates from the asus.

nab wrote:
Download old previous bios (stable on)
Put the bios inside the Winflash folder to be sure.
Run Winflash with /nodate command (launch cmd, cd to your winflash folder, run the command Winflash.exe /nodate or Winflash /nodate)
You should be able to downgrade your bios without any problem.

Thank you for the advice, but I rarely use the command prompt, so I am not sure how to use the "cd" command. I think I'll try to just run WinFlash like normal first and see if that works. 🙂

diogogmaio wrote:
I also noticed this problem in BIOS 211.
Are they more people with this issue?
Maybe I will try to roll back also to check the fans.
Hmmm, try to do it and if it solves your issue.

Interesting to hear that I am not the only one experiencing this issue! I'm not sure whether I should feel happy that others are experiencing it or if I should feel sad that the issue may be more widespread than I assumed. Either way, thanks for letting me know that you are also noticing it!

nab wrote:
Not sure who add a negative reputation linked to my intervention
on this thread and tell that I spam in reputation comment.

Definitely not me, I value your advice! 🙂

ROG_HARDCORE wrote:
I'm still waiting for the responds, and updates from the asus.

I am honestly not sure if we can expect ASUS to respond. Except for Apple, which actually has its own Genius Bar in Apple Stores for helping users, I don't know any technology company that actually sets up ways to directly help users with their issues. It's unfortunate and I wish tech companies would spend more resources on support, but I think you're going to have to count on the Internet for help, and maybe a future BIOS update will fix both of our issues! 🙂