cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G74sx HDMI question

City_Builder
Level 7
I have an Asus g74sx

First time trying to hook up the HDMI to my Westinghouse 42" TV but it's not showing me that as a display option so that I can play DVD's on the laptop but make them show up on the TV.

I've tried pressing fn+f8 several times to no avail.

I can hook up my Blueray player with the same hdmi cable to the same hdmi port on the TV and it works fine, but doesn't seem to work from the laptop.

Running Windows 10 and Nvidia drivers 364.51

Any help appreciated.

Not sure if there is some special software that Asus puts out that I would need to make it work or not, I don't recall what Asus software I installed after the upgrade to Windows 10, if any at all.
3 REPLIES 3

City_Builder
Level 7
Bump for assistance.

Hello, did you tried windows key + P combination?
Regards

cl-Albert
US Customer Loyalty Agent
Can you even get your Windows desktop to show up on the TV, or do you have an easy way to compare with another HDMI monitor?
It really shouldn't be too much different than hooking up an external monitor with your other outputs which you might even want to try if you haven't already to confirm this works at least.

This may not be too likely, but if you can't seem to get any HDMI output from your G74Sx just make sure the cable is securely plugged in all the way into the notebook and there aren't any issues with the HDMI cable you are using to do this. This may have been an issue with a different kind of cable, but I vaguely remember an issue where some cables didn't allow you to plug them as far in because of the design of the cable although I would think most cables are designed similarly these days.
Well, if you have an easy way to try another cable, may be worth a shot. Good luck!