cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Control Panel V-Sync issues

Quadrider10
Level 7
whats up guys?

so i jst bought this laptop, got everything updated and installed, and all is good. however, in nvidia control panel, my vsync option in global settings keeps reseting its self to "on" instead of what i put it at which is"use app preference". ive tried clean installing the driver 4 or 5 times with DDU and still no luck, ive also tried setting the setting in nvidia inspector and again, still no luck. it just keeps changing bacl to on. how would i go about fixing this so my setting sticks? idk what is even causing it to reset. i go to play one game, exit out, then another, when i exit and check it, it gets reset to on. also, i think after reboots, it resets its self again. i have the latest version installed.

also, just a quick question instead of making another thread. is it possible to overvolt this GPU at all?

It's all for ****s and giggles, until someone giggles and ****s.
11 REPLIES 11

antoine52200
Level 8
Unninstall your driver with DDU and do a clean install it should fix the problem!

I have 3 or 4 times. Still has the issue.

DeltaActual
Level 12
you've bought which model? G-SYNC on board?
G614JV

yupp G751JY WX

nab
Level 11
Which drivers you try to use ? Which OS ? can you take a capture of the control panel (include the V-sync part).

nab wrote:
Which drivers you try to use ? Which OS ? can you take a capture of the control panel (include the V-sync part).

im on Windows 10 with driver version 364.51 (latest WHQL) THe notebook has an i7 4720HQ and GTX 980m. that vsync option keeps defaulting to "on"

Weirdoutworld
Level 7
I believe the G-sync setting is the culprit here. I was experiencing the same problem until I switched G-sync to "full screen & windowed mode". But I've came to realize G-sync works a lot better with G-sync and v-sync on in NCP. And v-sync off in-game... Also I hope you change your power management setting from adaptive to performance when gaming. Gave me an extra 10-20 FPS in GTA V.

power settings in NCP?

i still want to fix this. i like getting max FPS. rite now i have it set to full screen and window settings, vsync keeps defaulting to "on", and on nvidia inspector, i set an FPS limit to 75 FPS so i dont have to deal with the input lag. but some games i like to have full FPS and no cap like BF4.

Quadrider10 wrote:
power settings in NCP?

Yes "power management mode" setting in NCP. You have it set to "adaptive" in that screen shot. Set it to "max performance" or "prefer maximum performance" and gain extra fps. That, and the battery/power option on the desktop needs to be changed to "max performance".