cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade from haswell to skylake?

weskeh
Level 7
This is probably a no but..

But would trying to sell my 4770k, sabertooth mark2 and ram be worht it to upgrade to skylake ie 6700k

Higher base clock, lower powdr consumption and maybe better oc? Ie lower vcore same clocks..
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey weskeh 🙂

Worth it is kind of hard to quantify I guess. I mean if money counts not at all then sure it's an upgrade and go for it...but if money counts then no it's not a night and day upgrade.

What are you getting out of your CPU? and what do you do with the system..gaming? Best "investment" might be a change of GPU to a 980Ti but then I would wait for the 1080 coming....

weskeh
Level 7
yeah i thought so, and yes gaming and normal computing is what i do with my rigs.

gpu would be best to spend money on i guess 🙂

im kind of a tech addict though 😄

would be best to push this old beast ;D to its limits and do a gpu upgrade in the near future, i mean its not that this setup doesnt do what i need to do it 🙂

the new tombraider is pushing this 770 abit though, framerates between 80 and 50's is doable 🙂

bf4 still runs good and sc2 lotv and such ..

Nate152
yeah hang in there until pascal comes it's just around the corner, pascal should be here in a month or two.

Veovis
Level 10
I have the same processor and I looked at differences in performances from the 6700k and 4770k, there's little performance change in terms of gaming. The only real advantage is the features the new chipset brings. Unless you're building a portable device (battery fueled, because the 6700 is less power hungry) it's not going to make much of a difference.

yamatosan
Level 8
I upgraded to skylake i5-6600K from a Q6600 and I can see an improvement.
From 4770K to 6700K is not worth it.
If you want a real upgrade and you have some cash to spend wait for Braswell-E 😛