Maximus VIII Gene code 00 after BIOS Update

ijgg10
Level 7
I installed these components in a complete new configuration

Mobo MAXIMUS VIII GENE Rev 1.03 Bios 1504
CPU I7 6700T- 2.8 GHz
Mem 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 Corsair Vengeanze LPX DDR4 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 3200 GHz

The first times the mobo displayed 55 code, "memory not reconized",
So I updated the bios to the last version, since that not post and 00 code displayed,.
It is possible that the ram is it too fast for the cpu ?
or the system slow it down to 2133 that is the highter speed supported by the micro?
Could this have damaged the cpu or the mobo? or it is only a bad configuration issue.
Any Clue?
11 REPLIES 11

baggio2121
Level 7
In which slots do you put Rams ? Put them in right slots (see your manual for recommendation slots) . Also Loosen your screws from cpu cooler and 9 from mobo . These tips fixes my problem (error 55 ) .

sahafiec
Level 10
for a 2x8GB ram configuration you should use A2+B2 ram slots to avoid issues.

I use A2 B2 bank, But Today I received then answer from Asus and They told me that my memory is not in the list of supported ones, so first of all I am going to purchase a new memory and see what happens.

Chino
Level 15
ijgg10 wrote:
I installed these components in a complete new configuration

Mobo MAXIMUS VIII GENE Rev 1.03 Bios 1504
CPU I7 6700T- 2.8 GHz
Mem 16 GB (2x8) DDR4 Corsair Vengeanze LPX DDR4 CMK16GX4M2B3200C16 3200 GHz

The first times the mobo displayed 55 code, "memory not reconized",
So I updated the bios to the last version, since that not post and 00 code displayed,.
It is possible that the ram is it too fast for the cpu ?
or the system slow it down to 2133 that is the highter speed supported by the micro?
Could this have damaged the cpu or the mobo? or it is only a bad configuration issue.
Any Clue?

Have you tried clearing your CMOS to see if the system will post?

I have reset the cmos with backpanel button, also I removed the battery for a couple of hours and restart again.
I took off the cpu and check then pins, I unplugged the power conectors and switch on again, I download lower bios versions and again the last version,
I lossened a little the heater and now I have bought new memory from amazon
Corsair CMD16GX4M4B2133C10, that I´ll receive tomorrow,
I think that it is my last chance before sending the mobo back to amazon to replace it.
But for the moment always code 00 displayed, It is very frustrating.

ijgg10 wrote:
I have reset the cmos with backpanel button, also I removed the battery for a couple of hours and restart again.
I took off the cpu and check then pins, I unplugged the power conectors and switch on again, I download lower bios versions and again the last version,
I lossened a little the heater and now I have bought new memory from amazon
Corsair CMD16GX4M4B2133C10, that I´ll receive tomorrow,
I think that it is my last chance before sending the mobo back to amazon to replace it.
But for the moment always code 00 displayed, It is very frustrating.

I've been through at least 5 of these ROG boards (kept swapping because of problems, plus swapped all components and tested components on another brand that didn't give the same issues)

Well, I'd get Q Code 00 on almost all BIOS updates, but if I use the BIOS button on the back to update while the computer is turned off, I don't get the Q Code 00. I've swapped ram and am using Z170 ram. 3 CPU's have been cycled through.

I'm not sure how some people get 0 issues, when others obviously get them. I've troubleshooted anything I can think of, as well as what others have suggested.. It's been 5 months or so since I purchased my first ROG board Skylake.. still am going through issues and swapping/testing.

CUrrently I am getting help from Asus on the issue, and they've been helping me out good so far. Let us know if you have further issues. It'd be interesting to hear back. Thanks!!
Z790 Asus Hero Maximus on 0816 BIOS (0914 and 1202 crashes for me on XMP I), Intel 13900k stock clock, Asus 4090 Strix OC edition, FF3D532G720 Teamgroup Ram running XMP I, 16gb x 2, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB x 2, Seasonic VERTEX GX 1200W, Win 11 Pro 64, Deepcool LS720 AIO, NZXT H7 Flow. Comfortably using Armoury Crate for updates/fan xpert.

I have tested the mobo with the new memory and it didn't work, so I supposed that the mobo had a problem itself, so I returned to amazon and tomorrow i'll receive a new one. I hope this one works perfectly. If not the problem would be the micro?. To be continued...

Today with the new motherboard started at the first time. Very Happy :D, thanks for the support.

Chino
Level 15
Just so you know. The 00 QCODE can be cause by a faulty CPU or motherboard as well. Not only memory. So if your new memory doesn't work, you'll have to get the CPU and motherboard tested.