ROG Enthusiast Array

Does the G752VY support aptX LOW LATENCY?

Hi folks!

I'm planning to buy a Plantronics BackBeat Pro Headset.
    When I connect it via bluetooth, would the G752VY work with aptX LOW LATENCY?
    Or do I have to buy a seperate bluetooth USB-Adapter with aptX LOW LATENCY?

Thanks and greetings :-)

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

It doesn't look like it has a very big base of devices that support it yet. Looks like its popular in soundbars and bluetooth speakers. But only one notebook currently supports it.

http://www.aptx.com/products/browse/categories

Looks like you would need to use an adapter with it instead of using the Intel onboard bluetooth in the G752.
    ALIENWARE R17 R5 - i7 8750H - GTX 1070 @ 1.9Ghz - 16GB DDR4 - NVMe 970 EVO 1TB - SSD 960 EVO 1TB
    SOLD: ASUS G703VI-XH74K
    RETIRED: ASUS G752VY-DH72
    RETIRED: ASUS G750JH DB71
    RETIRED:ASUS G74Sx DH72

Quote Originally Posted by Otot View Post
    Hi folks!

I'm planning to buy a Plantronics BackBeat Pro Headset.
    When I connect it via bluetooth, would the G752VY work with aptX LOW LATENCY?
    Or do I have to buy a seperate bluetooth USB-Adapter with aptX LOW LATENCY?

Thanks and greetings :-)
    I actually recommend you to check how the headphones work without any aptX LL. This is a proprietary implementation, therefore many manufacturers don't buy the license even if their hardware is capable of supporting low latency BT connections.

If you notice any lag in the audio (while gaming or watching a movie), then you should go for an aptX LL adapter like this one: http://www.amazon.com/Avantree-bluet.../dp/B00LAZ6RTW
    Maybe there are some cheaper alternatives, but tbh I would go with something that I know for sure it will work properly. And the most amazing part about this adapter is the flexibility. So you can actually use for any kind of media equipment that has a jack input/output .
    Let's say that you have a 5.1 system. Then you can actually get rid of some cables (because the speakers still have to be connected to the amplifier/subwoofer). But it depends on the sound quality that you desire.

I'm actually thinking of buying one of those modules myself. I also have a pair of Mad Catz FREQ M that are aptX LL capable. But unfortunately I'm not home to test them ).

Btw, if you want to test and see if your bluetooth has aptX capabilities, you should check if the led on the headphones goes Purple when they're connected to the device. I'm actually wondering if Intel's Bluetooth has aptX.

Cheers and have fun with those plantronics. IMHO it is a good brand. I personally own a pair of 780Gamecom since 2013 and I'm really glad I bought them.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I actually recommend you to check how the headphones work without any aptX LL.
    Bluetooth Profiles Bluetooth v4.0 + EDR - A2DP (AAC/aptX/aptX LL) for audio streaming, AVRCP for music controls, Hands-free v1.6 for wideband, and Headset v1.2

Is that what you meant?

I'am searching for better wireless Headsets as the normal "Gaming" Headsets. And the wireless Headsets who I'am looking at work all via bluetooth. But I read somewhere about lags while watching videos, tv or gaming. Somebody meant you should get a Headset with aptX LOW LATENCY for these kind of usage and the Plantronics BackBeat Pro would suit me. I don't know if the Headsets with aptX only would also be good for gaming and watching?
    I'm also not sure if the microphone would work with this http://www.amazon.com/Avantree-bluet.../dp/B00LAZ6RTW adapter for skyping, ts etc.?

Thanks for your replys :-)
    Last edited by Otot; 03-20-2016 at 10:24 AM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

/push

Quote Originally Posted by Otot View Post
    Bluetooth Profiles Bluetooth v4.0 + EDR - A2DP (AAC/aptX/aptX LL) for audio streaming, AVRCP for music controls, Hands-free v1.6 for wideband, and Headset v1.2

Is that what you meant?

I'am searching for better wireless Headsets as the normal "Gaming" Headsets. And the wireless Headsets who I'am looking at work all via bluetooth. But I read somewhere about lags while watching videos, tv or gaming. Somebody meant you should get a Headset with aptX LOW LATENCY for these kind of usage and the Plantronics BackBeat Pro would suit me. I don't know if the Headsets with aptX only would also be good for gaming and watching?
    I'm also not sure if the microphone would work with this http://www.amazon.com/Avantree-bluet.../dp/B00LAZ6RTW adapter for skyping, ts etc.?

Thanks for your replys :-)
    I meant, if you buy the Plantronics, test them with the laptop Bluetooth and see if the light goes Purple. If the light will be purple then your laptop's Bluetooth has apt-X capability. If the light remains Blue, then the laptop doesn't have apt-X capability (or it is not activated). But still, you should check how well it works even without the apt-X because many Bluetooth devices are good enough and don't have any noticeable lag or quality drop.

apt-X LL might be better, but if you don't notice anything wrong with your sound quality without apt-X then you can keep using the Intel Bluetooth.

If you do notice lag or a quality drop in sound, then you can still benefit from your Plantronics apt-x LL by using an adapter like the one I recommended.

As for the Microphone I'm not sure if it will work or not, cause the adapter will actually use only one 3.5mm Jack. This might be one disadvantage for apt-x, but still you could use your headphones with microphone on the Intel 7265 Bluetooth.