cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero Lighting always on "Color Cycle"

blacklotus83
Level 7
Hi

Since I upgraded to BIOS 1504, the lighting of the ROG logo is reset to "Color Cycle" every time i shut down / start the pc. I can set the lighting to static with the Aura software but after the next start it's back to Color Cycle. Is this a bug?
15 REPLIES 15

Code_Frenzy
Level 9
Are you turning the power off completely? To retain the setting you need to shut down but leave the PSU switched on.

Code_Frenzy wrote:
Are you turning the power off completely? To retain the setting you need to shut down but leave the PSU switched on.

Yes complete power down, but before 1504 the setting was saved

seanbarkley
Level 8
For the rest of ur life

Arron
Level 7
+1 to this it's annoying, we need to a way to set the colour in the bios.

Arron wrote:
+1 to this it's annoying, we need to a way to set the colour in the bios.

Yes, for now I switched off the lighting, as color cycle does not match my color scheme. I think it's a bug, that the Aura software changes are not stored in BIOS 1504 correctly.

seanbarkley
Level 8
+1 this need a fix; it's a nonsense.

rickytuk
Level 10
I don't have a fix for this but am curious about the benefits of completely shutting off a PC. I don't think I've ever turned off my PSU. The power draw must be next to nothing, it keeps an LED on the motherboard and GPU lit but that's about all. I'd probably save less than a penny a year by turning it off.
Is there any other benefit to switching off the PSU?

rickytuk wrote:
I don't have a fix for this but am curious about the benefits of completely shutting off a PC. I don't think I've ever turned off my PSU. The power draw must be next to nothing, it keeps an LED on the motherboard and GPU lit but that's about all. I'd probably save less than a penny a year by turning it off.
Is there any other benefit to switching off the PSU?

It is imperative to do a complete power down when overclocking if say the video card etc locks up from overclocking. It is a pain to have to go back and redo the settings.

seanbarkley
Level 8
The question should be: Which are the benefits of having a software to control the features of a $400 mobo which can't save damned changes.

In my case the combination of acrylic side panel with VIII Formula with bedroom is not good when you try to sleep, but I can find thousands of reasons why people would want to shut their PC down.

I consider this something so basic that at the beginning I was 100% sure it was a bug.