cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VY in Raid0 with BIOS 208?

Guffe
Level 7
Hi there

Ive just bought a new gaming laptop a G752VY-GC081T it was delivered with one M.2 Samsung SM951 256gb so i
bought another drive to run them in Raid0. When i started this project i had the orginal BIOS 206 installed. but i
couldnt find anywhere to change it into raid0 so i flashed it to 208 but i got the same result i couldnt change
anywhere to raid0 so installed 211 which i could finally run my into raid0, Had little problem with finding the
right IRST drivers for the OS installation to find my raid0 device but after installing the OS i noticed that my right
fan isnt working as well as the left one and im a bit worried to play games a longer time when i know that the faan
isnt working the way it should.

So now my question. can you setup raid0 in bios 208? cause i know that the fans work perfectly with 208,
but when i tried to install raid0 when i had 208 i couldnt find it anywhere i dont wanna run raid0 with software
and through OS.
8 REPLIES 8

Otot
Level 7
Guffe wrote:

So now my question. can you setup raid0 in bios 208? cause i know that the fans work perfectly with 208,
but when i tried to install raid0 when i had 208 i couldnt find it anywhere i dont wanna run raid0 with software
and through OS.

No you can't, RAID 0 was implemented with BIOS 211.

Clintlgm
Level 14
No Ver 211 is required here is a link to help you BIOS and other drivers can be found at Asus Support Downloads
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
Now BIOS 211 really is missing off the DL site. tried several different locations all have only 206 and 208.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Now BIOS 211 really is missing off the DL site. tried several different locations all have only 206 and 208.

i found 211 if you go to this link http://www.asus.com/US/Notebooks/ROG-G752VY/HelpDesk_Download/

EttoreA
Level 7
Probably withdrawn for the fan issues and this tells everything about the supposed reliability of BIOS 211.

EttoreA
Level 7
Ok, but the fact that BIOS 211 is keeping bouncing around tells us we should avoid it like a plague!
Did you ask yourself what happens to those who have bought the second M.2 disk - or even worse 2x512GB 950 - arranged them both in RAID0 and now have to go back to BIOS 206/8 ?

ROG_HARDCORE
Level 7
And the Description on Bios 211 are changed as well. "Update FW"?

ASUS, what happen??? I'm, we are confused!

How am i suppose to go back to 206 or 208 since I'm running on AHCI now?? So... G752 are prototype after all.. that should be released on 2017

JustinThyme
Level 13
I downloaded the latest posted 211 and its identical in size and compile date. Dont know of anything past that as BIOS altering is not my bag. I did install it, has to use the cmd prompt with nodate switch to get it to accept. After had to go back in a reset Raid 0 to active and its working exactly the same. I dont have any fan issues. No tools seem to be able to monitor both fans and even notebook fan control has them backwards.
I ran multiple high intensity apps that use the CPU and GPU and noted no anomalies in Fan operation or temperatures in CPUZ HW monitor min max values. Im compiling a 26GB video right now and no issues noted. Not to say there are none with others, may be a combination of the BIOS and another application causing cross talk on the SMBUS. Im kind of expecting another BIOS release soon if it follows suit as it has been. The VT being released first got updates first. Right after the VT BIOS was updated for the Raid enable/disable aka AHCI/RAID the VY update to 211 was a few weeks behind. Im not having any major issues, I know some are a bit discontent with the fast boot enable not latching and having to wait an extra 10 seconds but it doenst bother me in the least. I would like to see better speeds with the Raid 0. I'm getting better than a single drive but not as much as I expected. The biggest jump was in write speeds.

AHCI was always active. You can go back the same way you got to the AHCI in the first place but I see no advantage in that. Its a bit confusing because folks go off of the Samsung Magicians inability to see past a raid controller which is common with any motherboard. There are no advantages with the Samsung drivers for AHCI or NVMe. I think we have proven that several times over.

For the original quesiton there is no raid 0 in BIOS 208.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein