cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus G752vy which model is better?

DUST_DEVIL
Level 9
Hello,

I want to buy the new G752vy and I have a question about the quality.

Which one should I buy - the ROG G752vy-RH71 (widely available in USA) or ROG G752vy-T7048T (widely available in UK)?

I'm asking because when I lived in Poland, there was this issue that Asus laptops sold for polish customers were made from weaker components and materials. Although I understand the strategy (Poles usually don't have much disposable income), I want the best Asus can offer.

Is there any quality difference betwen RH-71 and T7048T? I tried to get the answer from Asus technical support, but unfortumately no one was able to help me.

Thank you in advance!
7 REPLIES 7

Ancients
Level 10
The differences I am seeing are as follows.
The G752vy-T7048T has 24GB of RAM, a 256GB SSD, and a blu-ray drive.
The G752vy-RH71 has 16GB of RAM, a 128GB SSD, and a cd-rom drive.

I am also seeing that the G752vy-T7048T comes with some additional accessories that I don't see coming with the G752vy-RH71.

As far as performance goes they both have an i7 6700HQ and a 980m with 4GB of VRAM, so they should perform the same. The only difference is storage and the disc drive.

Grand! Two more questions if I may ask:

1. Is the T7048T has G-sync?
2. Is the quality of the laptops (plastics etc) the same?

DUST DEVIL wrote:
Grand! Two more questions if I may ask:

1. Is the T7048T has G-sync?
2. Is the quality of the laptops (plastics etc) the same?

I bought the G752VY-T7049T (costs £300,- more though) in the UK two weeks ago. This notebook has the Core i7 6820HK CPU, 32GB of Ram, 1TB HDD and 512GB NVMe M.2 SSD. I wanted the 6820HK which was impossible to find anywhere else.

This is a great machine. Has G-Sync and is a bit plastic, which does not bother me.

It also came with a carrying backpack, a gaming mouse and headset.

Good luck in making a choice.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you mate! One last question, about the aesthetics 😉

Does the back radiator of the laptop is orange or black?

DUST DEVIL wrote:
Thank you mate! One last question, about the aesthetics 😉

Does the back radiator of the laptop is orange or black?

Mine is red/orange!

By the way: I upgraded my G752VY:

• 1TB HDD -> 2TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD
  • 512 GB NVMe Samsung 951 M.2 SSD -> 2x 512 GB Samsung 950 Pro NVMe M.2 SSD (anticipating RAID or else ....)
  • 32GB Samsung DDR4 -> 64GB Samsung DDR4

I feel that this notebook is going to last me another 7 years like its predecessor: G71V
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

EttoreA
Level 7
G752VY has orange radiator. It's the ticker version because of the vapour chambre as cooling system.
Other variants, VL or VT do not have vapour chambre and get the black radiator; these are a little thinner.

Thank you guys!

@Gustave, whoa, thats some serious gear you have! Respect! 🙂