cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VR

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Anyone else totally bored of this latest round of VR hysteria?

Anyone think this is not going to go the way of the last few rounds of VR hysteria?

Should I buy Ginger futures 😉

http://riftinfo.com/oculus-rift-motion-sickness-11-techniques-to-prevent-it

5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK maybe it's good for something

"I felt like I could just reach out and open up the fridge"

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
OK maybe it's good for something

"I felt like I could just reach out and open up the fridge"

grassy
Level 12
Hi Arne, your link is an interesting read, I know very little about it but it does tell me that this is something that is going to be built up for a few years to come. Technology does move very fast especially in the Home Theatre market which I keep tabs on. What are your thoughts on this?
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hey grassy...I have to say I think this is just another part in the AR VR cycle....basically beta testing and raising capital (fleecing the punters). Once the few Oooos and Ahhhs at roller coaster rides is done with and people ask "what else?"...

Weren't 3D Tvs all the rage a few years ago?

I just think it's all mouth and no trousers at the moment

I'll save my cash for when they invent the Holo-deck

grassy
Level 12
Yea its funny you mention 3D as that is what this is reminding me off. 3D never really took off and to be honest i don't think it ever will. I have owned a few home theatre projectors and i have purchased all of them without 3D as to me it is just something else that can go wrong. Others may differ but in all honesty its an avenue just to make a buck, well at least that seems to be the case up until now.There is always some sort of sales tactic in this game and the gaming industry is one of the forerunners.Technology on a whole is a trap if you don't do your homework.However i will be interested to see where this goes as far as VR goes as its something i know very little about but at the same time i am beginning to understand how business works due to advertising hype.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE