cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QCODE 00 and 55

Bomad
Level 7
Recently I had sent my motherboard away for warranty and they fixed the 2 pins on the CPU socket.

I have rebuilt the PC and it was working fine for 1 day all pass mark / cinebench tests worked great. Turned in on today and error 55 appeared (mememory not installed) flick the memok button and no joy, DRAM light flashes, but no start and sometimes land on QCODE 00 with no fans running

Cleared bios, tried all memory slots, reseated the CPU twice and still no joy.

Tried 2 different sets of ram and waiting to hear back as I have summited a warranty request on one set as I believe they where the original issue before sending motherboard away.

Will try brand new ram over the weekend and fingers crossed its boots so I can do a bios update

Motherboard model: Maximus Formula VII

CPU: 4690k

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: HyperX 2x8GB and Kingston 2x4GB

GPU: R9 290

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: 250GB SSD and 120GB SSD

PSU: brand new Corsair RM850i

USB Devices (model/version number): 3 x keyboard, mouse and headset

Monitor: asus 27" LED

CPU Cooler:

PC CASE:

Operating system: Microsoft Activated yes/no?

Drivers Installed (include version):

Any third Party temp/voltage software installed:

System Overclocked (provide details)?

Issue
1 REPLY 1

Margus
Level 7
make sure you not have bent pins install ram to red sockets make sure you not scratched mobo while installing videocard.
try with 1 stick on every slot to see if that works. Never mix kits if ram have same parameters just boot with 1 kit then go to bios enable xmp then save settings power off pc unplug cord wait if power goes off install second kit that way you can mix kits. by doing this you dont enter to bios anymore othewise its can unfix if you enter to bios.