cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nvidia 364.51 driver

grassy
Level 12
Is anyone using the 364.51 driver as some people seem to be having trouble with it on win 10
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE
8 REPLIES 8

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Not me...had trouble myself...

Back on 361.91....honestly I would wait a bit...too many problems reported with this...

grassy
Level 12
I am on 358.91 which automatically installed itself when i installed a fresh win 10 from USB.I cant believe how well Dead Space 3 is going as i am not getting any stuttering at all.You probably know by now how much i hate game stutter. Its all running great and my frame rate is up to 400fps on that game with the gtx980ti. How are your titan x's going Arne

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Sounds good grassy! These cards are different beasts on watercooling!;) No concerns with temp throttling etc. smooth as butter if you have a good driver..

As far as I have seen, the latest drivers up to 362.00 have all been very good but Nvidia have seriously dropped the ball on the latest one. There are always flakes that post up their card has died...but this time the number of posts like that is through the roof...and here trying to enable SLI I fried my OS, the crashes were that hard.

Back on earlier driver my Titans are running at warp speed...like Scotty is in the engine room and having a good day...

I always wait a few months to play games so drivers are mature and games patched etc. and so far SLI for me has been a dream....not one problem apart from this hiccup. Been playing Witcher 3 and FarCry 4 maxed out and nothing but plain sailing.

grassy
Level 12
What frame rates are you getting in then two games Arne with the 2 cards and did you see a noticeable difference since your 980.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
To be honest grassy I haven't measured....I can take a look if you like. I just go with the idea that if I have Vsync on and the cards can push 60fps no matter what I throw at them then I get my 60fps smooth and job done...no tearing stuttering etc. Don't think I've seen microstutter either...

Definitely different to 980s in benching....OC a Titan X or a 980Ti and you can almost match scores with 980 SLI :eek:

In gaming 980s were the same...at 2560x1440....at 4K...where I want to go soon they would not have kept up but the Titan Xs should be able to do so no probs....

980 SLI

Single 980Ti from this guys thread ( https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?83245-980ti-Matrix/page3 )

grassy
Level 12
Yea that makes sense Arne, having the quality of vsync and 60 frames with a smooth performance. Have you got physx installed and do you think we need it and do you think it taxes performance. I ask this because when i installed windows 10 my graphics driver was auto installed but physx was not. After playing a game i had no stutter so i am hesitant on installing it.I guess i dont want the stutter to come creeping back.

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
I do have PhysX installed...always install driver and PhysX and uncheck all the rest on custom install. I have never had a problem with it only the benefits in games where it's included.

Don't think dead space uses it right?

I would say just try it...if you have problems, DDU un-installs everything very efficiently and you can install whatever driver you want...clean.

grassy
Level 12
Ok Arne thanks