Level 7
Hi, im new user. Specifications my computer:

MB: ASUS ROG Crosshair V Formula Z
GPU: 2 x Ati Radeon R9 280X 3Gb Crossfire
CPU: AMD FX-9590
Cooler: Noctua NH-D15
Case: Corsair 750D
Memory: 2 x G Skill RipjawsX F3-2400C11-8GXM 8 GB DDR3
SSD: SanDisk SDSSDHII480G (480 GB, SATA-III)
PSU: X series 1250W - Seasonic - Fanless GOLD

Version BIOS: 2201

All the BIOS setup I have in Auto, voltages etc.

I would like you to say me some optimal configuration, for voltages also whenever visualize the VOLTAGE MONITOR PC crashes.

Someone can help me, please ?
12 REPLIES 12

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Paco2005 and Welcome to ROG 😄

An optimal Bios configuration is best by choosing D.O.C.P in BIOS initially, which will auto optimize your bus and frequency ratio in conjunction with the DIMMs you are using.
You will need to familiarize yourself with your Bios and run a stress test for stability at stock frequency before OCing.
Frequency and voltages set in BIOS for DIMMs and CPU, will depend on the result of stress testing at stock.

Ambient temperatures in your region will determine if your cooling is adequate. Air cooling is not the best way to go for this chip.
An AIO Water cooler is required with the FX-9590, where ambient temps are 20c or above and especially if you are considering an OC.

Are your DIMMs 2x kits of the same spec or 16GB 2x8. ?
It is not advisable to mix separate kits, even of the same spec. Also they are not listed on the current ASUS QVL list. So they may or may not work.

DIMMs with a memory frequency higher than 2133 MHz and its corresponding timing or the loaded XMP Profile is not the JEDEC memory standard.
The stability and compatibility of these DIMM memory modules depends on the CPU’s IMC capability and other installed devices.

I suspect English is not your native language, so I hope this translates well for you.
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

Thanks for the comment, and I apologize for my english.

My DIMM is the same module both, I did test with memtest (6 passes) and I had no error, it have on 1886Mhz, i dont need more.

My CPU with this COOLER sink temperature reaches 35-45 degrees no more, OC will not hold.

Today I have removed the PC, just in case the error is arranged hang Monitor voltage.

If i dont going to OC, you recommend me everything in Auto? Or do you recommend me change somethings?

THANKS, and im sorry for my english again.

MeanMachine
Level 13
Hi Paco2005 and no need for apologies. 🙂

Quote: My CPU with this COOLER sink temperature reaches 35-45 degrees no more, OC will not hold.

Answer: This temp is at idle and you need to conduct a stress test using Realbench to measure temps under load. Monitor temperatures using HWMonitor then respond with the results.
The FX-9590 gets hot fast and system will crash if temps go above 70+C.

Quote: If i dont going to OC, you recommend me everything in Auto? Or do you recommend me change somethings?

Answer: You must establish stability at stock 4.7GHz. Some Bios changes will be required for further OC.
I need the results of your stress test at stock frequency.!!!
We owe our existence to the scum of the earth, Cyanobacteria

My System Specs:

MB:ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero/WiFi GPU:EVGA GTX 1080 sc PSU:Corsair AX-1200i
CPU:
AMD R7 2700X Cooler: Corsair Hydro H115i Case: Corsair Carbide 780t

Memory:G.Skill TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZR SSD:Samsung 500GB 960 EVO M.2

[/HR]

i used to freeze in voltage monitor too in bios.
i then found out that it was usb 3.0 causing it.
so i unplugged my usb 3.0 devices and plugged them into usb 2.0
that solved any bios crashing i had.
now i can view voltage monitor and move around in there with both my mouse and keyboard without crashes.
try using usb 2.0 instead of 3.0 and report back to the forums.
i have submitted this to RoG already.
tell me if it fixes your problem.

- kri5

have a nice day. :cool:
Numbers everywhere. Equations without limits is all around us.

The noctua cooler you have is pretty good.
but i wouldnt suggest overclocking that cpu with air cooling as it runs really hot really fast.
when you are not overclocking you should keep most things on auto in bios.
just choose your ram frequences. and set your dram voltage to your ramsticks stock voltage.
unless ofcourse if you are overclocking your ram.

on my setup i have everything on auto.
with my ram frequences to 1866 (stock) and dram voltage on stock.
i also run with cool n quiet disabled and amd turbo disabled. but thats a personal preference.

- kri5 :cool:

Hello kri5

Then I can only to use USB 2.0? The printer, scan, HHD portable,....all device only can to plug on USB 2.0?

I dont want to do OC, because my PC is well with AUTO OPTIONS.

Thanks MeanMachine and Kri5.

Hi MeanMachine

I just realized the stress test (15min), and I attached picture of the test end (
Sorry because the photo is not turning)

You can use your usb 3.0 ports, for your devices. when you are in windows.
but when you are in bios you should keep only your mouse and keyboard plugged in, and plugged in usb 2.0 ports.
thats how i solved my voltage monitor freezing problems. because somehow usb 3.0 messes things up. in bios.
but in windows you should have no problems running your devices in usb 3.0
i dont have problems with usb 3.0 in windows but when i use my mouse and keyboard in bios usb 3.0 causes freezing.
so to be safe when you are configuring in bios use usb 2.0, try it out 🙂 tell me if the freezing stops when you have no devices in usb 3.0

and if you are using the Suite software to monitor your voltages in windows and you get freezes there.
try unplugging usb devices you dont need / use right now, and plug the things you use such as mouse and keyboard to usb 2.0
instead of 3.0 and see if it resolves the issue
i know it sounds a bit weird. but using usb 2.0 instead of 3.0 worked for me.
i have the same motherboard. but i only use my keyboard and mouse for usb at the moment.