cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G30AB Bios Updated, now can't use the computer :(

Pete
Level 7
Hi everyone, this is my first post here.

I recently bought a TYTAN G30AB and updated it a bit with 32gig RAM and an ASUS GTX980TI Gold GPU.
Everything worked fine until I got a message saying there was a BIOS update available and subsequently updated the BIOS.

The BIOS was successfully updated but somewhere along the line I have stuffed something up and now I can not open any programs, can't connect to the internet and can't even get into the settings to change anything.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I need to do or better yet, is anyone in Sydney that could take a look at it and get it fixed?
Cheers Pete.
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
what bios is installed ,what OS are u using? here is the driver page
http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G30AB&p=14&s=11
Best Buy In Sydney sold the G30AB and they have repair shops.
Did your Problems start after u installed the Gold20th card? if they did make sure the card is in the slot correctly ,Reseat the card , make sure the power cables are secured the right way , plugged in correctly .

can u see if u have a System Restore point before changes were made , will not roll back Bios , but other software updates it will , that may help.
I have a G30AB with a Gold20th asus 980ti
I have ? about your G30AB did your power supply have 2 8pin cables for the Asus Gold20th 980ti card?
Are u getting an error message when trying to open a program? if so what is it?

toronto699 wrote:
what bios is installed ,what OS are u using? here is the driver page
Best Buy In Sydney sold the G30AB and they have repair shops.
Did your Problems start after u installed the Gold20th card? if they did make sure the card is in the slot correctly ,Reseat the card , make sure the power cables are secured the right way , plugged in correctly .

can u see if u have a System Restore point before changes were made , will not roll back Bios , but other software updates it will , that may help.
I have a G30AB with a Gold20th asus 980ti
I have ? about your G30AB did your power supply have 2 8pin cables for the Asus Gold20th 980ti card?
Are u getting an error message when trying to open a program? if so what is it?

My current BIOS is 0407 x64
No the problem occurred after I updated the BIOS, I installed the 980ti & 32gig RAM plus updated windows 8.1 to windows 10 and everything was working fine.
I then got a message to update the BIOS, so I thought I would do that as a final preparation before doing a system clone onto a 1TB SSD but now that has not happened.
After the BIOS update I can no longer connect to the internet or open any programs, basically I am stuck on the desktop!

Yes the 980 came with 2 x 8 pin cables, I had to mod the case slightly to make it fit!

When the computer starts up and goes to desktop, I get a message on the screen saying g_pAsWMI_NotOpen & then if I try to open a folder I get another message saying A new guard page for the stack cannot be created.

I am way out of my league with this stuff, I am ok with basic things like installing RAM or plugging in a new GPU but when it comes to this technical information I am lost.
I am really hoping that I just need to reset a setting but if that is not going to fix it then I am stuck and will need professional help.

Could I just install my new SSD and buy a copy of windows 10 and run that?
Would there be any problems with doing that?

Cheers Pete.

toronto699
Level 13
Ok got it in the driver page link , the bios u need is version 602 {2014/06/13] . thats the latest bios and is W10 compatible. click on link below
http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G30AB&p=14&s=11&_ga=1.73207635.1708629096.14...
so down load the bios 602 , unzip and install the install file , try the 602 bios that's what I believe the problem is.

u have 30 days to go back to W8.1 heres how if u cannot install the 602 bios in W10 , then install the 602 bios in w8.1
Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

Applies to Windows 10

•If it’s been less than a month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you can go back to your previous version of Windows by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. This won't affect your personal files, but it will remove any apps you installed after the upgrade to Windows 10.

•If it’s been more than a month, this option won’t be available in Settings and you’ll need to use a different recovery option.
Don't Worry We Will Fix this problem

toronto699 wrote:
Ok got it in the driver page link , the bios u need is version 602 {2014/06/13] . thats the latest bios and is W10 compatible. click on link below
http://support.asus.com.cn/Download.aspx?SLanguage=en&m=G30AB&p=14&s=11&_ga=1.73207635.1708629096.14...
so down load the bios 602 , unzip and install the exe, try the 602 bios that's what I believe the problem is.

u have 30 days to go back to W8.1 heres how if u cannot install the 602 bios in W10 , then install the 602 bios in w8.1
Going back to Windows 7 or Windows 8.1

Applies to Windows 10

•If it’s been less than a month since you upgraded to Windows 10, you can go back to your previous version of Windows by going to Settings > Update & security > Recovery and selecting either Go back to Windows 7 or Go back to Windows 8.1. This won't affect your personal files, but it will remove any apps you installed after the upgrade to Windows 10.

•If it’s been more than a month, this option won’t be available in Settings and you’ll need to use a different recovery option.
Don't Worry We Will Fix this problem

I have made some progress, I have gone back to windows 8 and everything is working fine so far.
I am now connected to the net and all programs are opening.

I just need to figure out how to install my SSD as the operating drive with windows 8 on it.
Then I will look at trying to upgrade to windows 10 again.

Is there an easy was to get the OS onto an SSD and set it up?
Do I need a program for that or can I do it through windows somehow?

Appreciate all your help T.
Cheers Pete.

toronto699
Level 13
Your best bet for getting your OS to your SSD would be to Clone it. I recommend Macrium Reflect Free as it will allow you to Resize your C partition to fit on the smaller SSD. Here is a video that shows you how to use MR to clone your hard drive to a SSD. If you follow this video don't convert your SSD to MBR that is a mistake and if your convert it at all go to GPT. He shows you how to shrink your C drive to fit your SSD. Insure your total used space on your hard drive is less the 150 GB or so. You can move data files off to a external drive and put them back on your Spinner once your OS is working good on your new SSD
cloning software
http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx
video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh4uRhWwZT0

Did u install the latest Bios . 602? u must update to 602 bios . 602 bios works in W8 and W10