cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daemon Tools for M8E says license is revoked

Fezzik
Level 7
Hi everyone. I got my new m8e moving up from another asus Rog with the 3770k. I had daemon tools on it and used it all the time with no problems. I tried installing this one and it says "blocked license" The software license was blocked.

Any ideas?
2 REPLIES 2

nightstrike
Level 7
I've been fighting with Asus support for several months now dealing with the same issue. My M8E came with only the trial version. They are now claiming that they have never provided the retail version of the software (which is a complete lie, as they have done this for the past 5 years). When I pointed out that they advertise the 1-year license, they shot me back a copy of the disclaimer that says that bundled software is subject to change without notice. Apparently, that also means that they will continue to advertise software that they have no intention of providing.

While Asus has the best hardware development team out there, their customer support is the absolute worst. Honestly, I'm amazed that they are able to keep customers at all with the way they treat complaints.

nightstrike wrote:
I've been fighting with Asus support for several months now dealing with the same issue. My M8E came with only the trial version. They are now claiming that they have never provided the retail version of the software (which is a complete lie, as they have done this for the past 5 years). When I pointed out that they advertise the 1-year license, they shot me back a copy of the disclaimer that says that bundled software is subject to change without notice. Apparently, that also means that they will continue to advertise software that they have no intention of providing.

While Asus has the best hardware development team out there, their customer support is the absolute worst. Honestly, I'm amazed that they are able to keep customers at all with the way they treat complaints.

If you think thats bad...they keep using a selling point that it has first class top of the line software (Suite, GpuTweak, etc.), software that only has a 60% chance of working correctly, IF, if at all. :mad:
SpeedFan controls fans and temps, once you learn how to configure it properly. :cool: