cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any way to buy control box separately?

Manul
Level 7
As far as I know, Strix Raid Pro is technically absolutely the same soundcard as Strix Soar, but with a control box added in the package.

I have Strix Soar, can I buy the control box separately?
4 REPLIES 4

kussii07
Level 7
Don't bother it's a waste of space wish I didn't go for the raid pro and I would of saved £40, all it does is let you hot switch speakers to and from headphones and control the volume. just look for a mixamp or get a used astro mixamp off ebay like I did.

Florin
Level 7
I bought my Phoebus as a Solo card, since the price for the control to the full Phoebus was about 50 + Euros in Romania, got lucky and found one second hand for about 8 euros. I only use it for the Mics inside it.

You`re not missing out anything if you don`t have that control box that for some reason Asus asks a lot of $$$.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

Well... That still didn't answer the question.
I bought the Strix Soar, and now I regret not having the control box, because it can switch between headphones and speakers with a button, am I right?

It's not easy switching now... Because I have to open the Sonic Studio and click there (and maybe my pc sucks, but that takes like 5 secs, which is not a lot, but it's not fast either)

Is there anyway to create a macro or something? A control box would be very useful to me.

Impossible to buy the control box separately?

Uh.. is bumping bad?