cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG G751JM battery charge led malfunction

Tricil
Level 7
Hello all,
I'm new here and experiencing a strange problem with my one year old G751JM laptop: the battery seems to work but the battery led keeps flashing orange even after leaving the laptop overnight to charge. Sometimes it turns to stable orange while charging, reaches 90% or so and doesn't turn green. What could be the cause?
Another problem is that the battery seems not to be user removable, so I cant measure it or anything.
Thanks!
11 REPLIES 11

JustinThyme
Level 13
Courtesy NitroX

Restart laptop -> When RoG Logo appears press&hold the power button for like 10secs (during the time you will see the battery led going off and then back on ) -> then just start your laptop.

Post back whether or not this solves it for may other things to try

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

the plan is produce an battery who isnt removeable give one year warranty and wait...

JustinThyme wrote:
Courtesy NitroX

Restart laptop -> When RoG Logo appears press&hold the power button for like 10secs (during the time you will see the battery led going off and then back on ) -> then just start your laptop.

Post back whether or not this solves it for may other things to try

Hi, thanks, but it didn't work. Meaning: after I did it I have charged the battery and it stopped at 90% with the led glowing orange. It should have turned green normally.

Tricil wrote:
Hi, thanks, but it didn't work. Meaning: after I did it I have charged the battery and it stopped at 90% with the led glowing orange. It should have turned green normally.

Step in the right direction. You have a bad cell in your battery pack.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

warryabel
Level 7
same as i described... when hard reset is done it only works for few hours or so
the very strange is you say one year? in my case my rig was one year and 3 days. im very unhappy because it seems asus will only give one year but its no wearlevel problem. when the maschiene shutdown instantly witout warning because battery was not pluged in and remaining time stucks on 96%

warryabel
Level 7
ASUS Battery Warranty Statement

ASUS battery warranty applies to the following terms and conditions.
If the battery is within warranty and causes the Notebook to suddenly switch ON/switch OFF or shut down or prevents the system from turning on, ASUS will replace the defective battery with a new one.
Asus will replace a new battery under the following conditions: (a) Battery does not charge; (b) Notebook is not able to detect battery connection; (c) System prompts or warns the user repeatedly to replace the battery; (d) Battery Charge Indicator blinks abnormally.
Exclusions from the Limited Warranty Service
Normal drop in battery capacity over time due to usage.
The product has been tampered, repaired, and/or modified by non- authorized personnel.
Failure to provide proof of purchase or the warranty seal has been broken or altered. To avail of the limited warranty, please keep your proof of purchase and do not remove the warranty seal on the product.
Electronic components display rust or signs of oxidation due to exposure to moisture or internal leakage.
Misuse or negligence.

but in g751 usermanul can see one year warranty to battery. where is the failure?

warryabel
Level 7

Ok, and what would the solution be? Replacement of the battery?

Warryabel: Thanks, I've read it, but don't know that much about electronics to attempt disecting the battery and its control circuits.

I hope my laptop is covered by a 2 year warranty, but cant find any mention of that yet in my papers. It says so on the vendor's site though.

warryabel
Level 7
you shouldnt attempt something...the only thing i would show you was the one year bug...lol