cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios support question

The_Veterant
Level 7
DO the current Bios version 2101 for the X99 Deluxe supports the new Broadwell e5 Xeos. Thanks
"I'm not an OCer just looking a good MENTOR". UyqtCojoXecQlo.". 😄
24 REPLIES 24

GoNz0-
Level 10
Not sure, but the modded BIOS probably does as it has the most up to date microcode.

GoNz0- wrote:
Not sure, but the modded BIOS probably does as it has the most up to date microcode.

Well Thanks for the promptly answer, I will be looking in that advice in the event that the CPU won't boot on my Deluxe board its a e5 Xeon, 22 Cores. I should be getting that baby by Saturday, Hope. I will let here know the outcome.

By the way GONZO let me know or PM me if you want to own a 5960X CPU I can give you a bargain.

The Veterant wrote:
Well Thanks for the promptly answer, I will be looking in that advice in the event that the CPU won't boot on my Deluxe board its a e5 Xeon, 22 Cores. I should be getting that baby by Saturday, Hope. I will let here know the outcome.

By the way GONZO let me know or PM me if you want to own a 5960X CPU I can give you a bargain.

Thanks for the kind offer but I am midway through renovating my house so the PC isn't allowed any more money. The wife's banned me from any upgrades for a while 🙂

Well people the moment of truth got here, I'm in the process to install this CPU on ester day. This is what the ester bunnies brought me in.

If success I will be posting some benchmarks results. Till then. Well a little upside down but is there. I hope it doesn't get fried like others on some other forum have mention with this board, the Deluxe, probably in their case was a bad power supply or an old one. In my case I have one of the best power supply that money can buy, so lets find out what this motherboard really is capable off.

Menthol
Level 14
So the Easter Bunny laid you a shinny EGG, let's hope it's not rotten

Menthol wrote:
So the Easter Bunny laid you a shinny EGG, let's hope it's not rotten

Well Menthol thanks for your precious hope, none less for envy hope. Anyway for anyone that really wants to give me an advice and help, I did try it and the q-code light it shines a code 53 and the diagnostic light it stays at the memory after the second round. It maybe cause for the time being I decide to use the none ECC memory, but looks like that I'm going to have to buy some ECC memory, but before that I will wait till after Broadwell debuts so ASUS could come up with a Bios update. Hopefully and I say this because we are going to keep going riding the hope wagon like Mentol says, but I have fait that at the end of the tunnel I will sit down and laugh at 44 thread rendering also instantly. TIA

The Veterant wrote:
Well Menthol thanks for your precious hope, none less for envy hope. Anyway for anyone that really wants to give me an advice and help, I did try it and the q-code light it shines a code 53 and the diagnostic light it stays at the memory after the second round. It maybe cause for the time being I decide to use the none ECC memory, but looks like that I'm going to have to buy some ECC memory, but before that I will wait till after Broadwell debuts so ASUS could come up with a Bios update. Hopefully and I say this because we are going to keep going riding the hope wagon like Mentol says, but I have fait that at the end of the tunnel I will sit down and laugh at 44 thread rendering also instantly. TIA

try the modded bios, worth a go and as it has to be flashed via flashback it doesn't matter if the CPU isn't working before you flash.

GoNz0- wrote:
try the modded bios, worth a go and as it has to be flashed via flashback it doesn't matter if the CPU isn't working before you flash.

Thanks GONZO for your answer, but correct me if I'm wrong since I already flash to 2101, M'I have to flashback to 2001 then modded the 2101 and reflash the 2101. The reason I ask this is because I read at some other forum that the X99 motherboard are suffering from a bug that don't let you reflash the same bios version over. Don't know that's way I said correct me if I'M wrong. Also I know how to flashback the Bios and reflash it, but as far goes modding the same I'm a ;ittle rusty on that one could you help me out guiding me in that process, and I will thank you a lot.

Qwinn
Level 11
Veterant,

You do realize this is the forum for the Rampage V Extreme, not the Deluxe, right?