cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G55VW - keyboard lights not working after win10 upgrade [solved]

jkool702
Level 7
Ive quickly researched the issue and it seems to be a somewhat common issue after a win10 install, so I'm hoping a fellow G55VW owner can help me out. I believe the issue to be that i am missing the ATK package (I did a clean install of windows 10 so these drivers didnt transfer over from windows 7. My 1st question is whether this is the solution, or should I try something else?

My 2nd question is that (assuming the ATK package is the answer) the asus website does not provide ANY official drivers for windows 10 for the G55VW. On the G55VW driver page I can find the ATK package for windows 7 or windows 8, but not windows 10. Alternately, at http://www.asus.com/support/Download/3/569/0/3/45/ there is a windows 10 ATK package, but its not designated specifically for my laptop. Which ATK package should I use?

Thanks in advance!
3 REPLIES 3

Pandur
Level 10
I downloaded the newest ATK package I wa able to find at the Asus website for my G55VW. And it's working perfect. Did not find it under the G55VW category though.
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

Pandur
Level 10
You can download the latest version here. Or from any current laptop support page really. Update: Found a newer version of the ATK package, v1.0.0042. Get it from the link earlier in this post. Working fine on my G55VW.
Asus ROG G55VW:
CPU: i7 3630QM
GFX: Geforce GTX660M with 2GB ram
RAM: 2x8Gb 2133MHz Kingston HyperX Impact (surprisingly the G55VW uses the 2133 X.M.P. profile)
Storage: RAID0 with 2x 256Gb Crucial SSDs (both msata, one in a sata adapter)

Pandur wrote:
You can download the latest version here. Or from any current laptop support page really. Update: Found a newer version of the ATK package, v1.0.0042. Get it from the link earlier in this post. Working fine on my G55VW.

Thanks! I used this link and it seems to be working perfectly!