cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Second ROG Swift now dying!! WTH Asus???

nintari
Level 7
See my first post here for the first time this happened:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?74376-ROG-Swift-is-dying-Already

The RMAed monitor I have been using since then has now decided to start crapping out. So I get to go through the whole process again to try to get this damned thing fixed.... to only have it 6-8 months from now die out again.

What's sad is I just recently started a big build log featuring my setup on many forums (Parvum L1.0 build, custom themed, sleeving, excessive watercooling Asus Rampage V Extreme, Dual Asus Titan X cards, etc, etc) and this monitor is part of it all being featured and seen by all both on these forums through social media and youtube.

The RMA process the last time was a pain in the butt (trying to keep it civil).... Asus what can be done?
5 REPLIES 5

toronto699
Level 13
"First ones will go to the system integrators. Next batch to the standard retail channels". Quote from Raja@asus

nintari
Level 7
My monitor is now officially dead. Last night I finally sat down to try to get on an play some battlefield. Of course work called and asked me to take a look at something, so I alt-tabbed out of battlefield, loaded teamviewer, connected to the machine I needed to and while working the monitor went white. I tried unplugging, removing power, rebooting... nothing...dead

I am still waiting on Asus to respond back, but they did say to wait up to 48 hours for a response.

nintari wrote:
My monitor is now officially dead. Last night I finally sat down to try to get on an play some battlefield. Of course work called and asked me to take a look at something, so I alt-tabbed out of battlefield, loaded teamviewer, connected to the machine I needed to and while working the monitor went white. I tried unplugging, removing power, rebooting... nothing...dead

I am still waiting on Asus to respond back, but they did say to wait up to 48 hours for a response.

This is exactly why I decided to do an exchange instead of RMA--too many horror stories. Sorry for all your troubles.

nintari
Level 7
The first time I did advanced replacement due to me working from home a lot I need my monitor... so they did the advance shipment. I still want to find out about an advanced shipment because I can't be without my monitor... and I'd like to get a working one as soon as possible. I shouldn't be expected after shelling out $800 to go to bestbuy to buy a temporary monitor (which is wrong in the first place) while I wait for them to get mine back... plus if they decide to take their sweet time and I go past 30 days I cant return the monitor I got as temp.

nintari wrote:
The first time I did advanced replacement due to me working from home a lot I need my monitor... so they did the advance shipment. I still want to find out about an advanced shipment because I can't be without my monitor... and I'd like to get a working one as soon as possible. I shouldn't be expected after shelling out $800 to go to bestbuy to buy a temporary monitor (which is wrong in the first place) while I wait for them to get mine back... plus if they decide to take their sweet time and I go past 30 days I cant return the monitor I got as temp.

This post should serve as proof that you at least tried to stay within the rules--at least in my mind.