cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a new fan for a Asus Strix 980ti, customer service wont help me

MROOD
Level 9
ok its only been 2 weeks since ive had my Asus Strix 980ti OC

After bad handling I accidently broke the fan blades of my awesome GPU, now because of the missing blades it makes a terrible air noise.

Ive done 2 day of searching and I cant find anywhere that I can get a replacement fan for my Strix 980ti OC

Ive emailed support a few times and they refuse to help me, its an absolute disgrace, they say to go to the retailer but ive been to them and they cannot do anything because its not a warranty claim.

All i need is a fan so I can open up the card and replace it myself.

Can anyone suggest anything for me, as Asus support are useless and refuse to even help!!!
9 REPLIES 9

Chino wrote:
You can find them on AliExpress.

Chino would you know exactly what type of fan id need? the specs ect? then i could try to purchase one myself, doesnt have to be asus.??!!

MROOD wrote:
Chino would you know exactly what type of fan id need? the specs ect? then i could try to purchase one myself, doesnt have to be asus.??!!

I'm not sure. But if plan to replace them yourself, you can look at the model at the back of the fan.

grassy
Level 12
MROOD wrote:
ok its only been 2 weeks since ive had my Asus Strix 980ti OC

After bad handling I accidently broke the fan blades of my awesome GPU, now because of the missing blades it makes a terrible air noise.

Ive done 2 day of searching and I cant find anywhere that I can get a replacement fan for my Strix 980ti OC

Ive emailed support a few times and they refuse to help me, its an absolute disgrace, they say to go to the retailer but ive been to them and they cannot do anything because its not a warranty claim.

All i need is a fan so I can open up the card and replace it myself.

Can anyone suggest anything for me, as Asus support are useless and refuse to even help!!!
I have the same card and i would suggest putting a waterblock on it and keep the temps down to an all time low.Personally i will never put my fans back on my strix as my temps were too high.A waterblock on that card will do wonders for you. A Rolls Royce needs good tyres to ride well and an EK waterblock will do it justice. That's some retailer that you went to.
FAME IS A MASK THAT EATS INTO THE FACE

grassy wrote:
I have the same card and i would suggest putting a waterblock on it and keep the temps down to an all time low.Personally i will never put my fans back on my strix as my temps were too high.A waterblock on that card will do wonders for you. A Rolls Royce needs good tyres to ride well and an EK waterblock will do it justice. That's some retailer that you went to.

my friend, if i had the expertise to watercool and add a waterblock on both my cards then i would of done this long ago, unfortunately i do not know how to do it, and knowing me id probably ruin my whole pc even if i tried to.

referring to the retailer, they would honour a warranty repair/replacement but in my own stupidity I broke the fan blades so for that reason the retailer will not help me, hence my email to asus, 15 to be prescise went ignored with scripted responses, it saddens me to think i spent £1900+ on a asus motherboard 2 gpu's and a few more bits and they dont even want to try and help me.

If i knew what fan I need then id buy it myself, they wont even tell me that, thats how bad asus service is, I know i wont be spending anymore of my hard earned cash on asus again.

Heini
Level 11
If you can do without it for a while you can send it in for RMA. If they find it's your fault they repair it at a cost to you.

Heini wrote:
If you can do without it for a while you can send it in for RMA. If they find it's your fault they repair it at a cost to you.

i think if i rma it at my cost it would cost me over 150 where ive seen a few fans that look like the fans i need only cost, 2.99 the fan still works, its only missing 2 fan blades, but ppl are saying it wont be a issue as i already have the 2 fans, the screws on the fan of the asus card has 3 screw holes that look like the mercedes car logo, ive seen a few on ebay

75mm 4pin PC PWM VGA GPU Video Card Cooler Cooling Fan Replacement Hole to Hole

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/75mm-4pin-PC-PWM-VGA-GPU-Video-Card-Cooler-Cooling-Fan-Replacement-Hole-to...

what do you guys think?

toronto699
Level 13