cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus g752-r71 keeps restarting.

Armadroth
Level 7
I recently bought this laptop 2 months ago. For a week or so it keeps restating on me and I have no idea why. I'll be just browsing the Web and it'll freeze and restart. Need help. Thanks in advance.
I
6 REPLIES 6

JustinThyme
Level 13
Is that a G752VY RH71 or G752VT?

Have you updated all the drivers etc to the latest versions?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Is that a G752VY RH71 or G752VT?
!
Have you updated all the drivers etc to the latest versions?

I have the vt. No I'll try that

is there a way to have the drivers auto up date?

Armadroth wrote:
I have the vt. No I'll try that

When i download the driver and unzip it, is it activated? I'm not too savy when it comes to these things

nvm i got it.

JustinThyme
Level 13
Unzipping will not install the drivers.
First thing you need to do is check your programs for the drivers that must be uninstalled first. ATK package is a must or it wont work right after.

right click on start select control panel then programs> programs and features. This will populate a list of all installed software and driver packages that must be uninstalled first.

If you have the latest ATK package downloaded unintstall the one that is there first then when its done double click on the file you unzipped.

The other that is picky is the nvidia drivers. Best thing to do with that is first download the update and have it ready. Personally I use the drivers from Nvidias website.

Then download Display driver uninstaller (DDU) and launch it. It will prompt you to reboot to safe mode which it does automatically then there will be a tab to clean the drivers and reboot. Select that. Once it reboots from the cleaning double click on the Display driver you downloaded and install it, easiest is express. I use custom and select clean install and I personally do not use the Gforce experience and uncheck that box. You want all the rest.

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

The rest of the drivers should auto update once you click on the extract file.

If you have any issue with any of them post back and someone will help you out if they are online. Be patient, this is a user forum so its just users helping each other out. Very Few ASUS folks actually post here and those that do are a rarity.

Good luck.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein