Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS IV EXTREME no post, signal not detected

Laremin
Level 7
Hello all, before I jump into my problem, here are my specs:
Asus MAXIMUS IV EXTREME (mobo)
Intel core i7 2700k 3,5 GHz (overclocked to 4,4)
Gigabyte GTX780 GDDR5-3GB gpu
RAM: Gskill ripjaw 4x, amounting to 16 gb
hardrive: samsung 850 EVO 500 GB ssd
EK-CoolStream PE 360 radiator with 3 fans ontop blowing out of case
Monitor BENQ XL2430T 144 Hz
PSU Be quiet! Pure Power CM BQT L8-CM-630W

Okay so basically a few days ago I decided to replace/renew my watercooling loop for my system. I currently have my cpu and mobo water cooled and my loop component order looks something like this: resrvoir -> pump -> radiator ->mobo -> cpu and back into res. The replacement went ery well and the computer started fine and was working like before. I currently have a total of 4 fans, 3 on top of radiator and one in the back of case.Radiator fans are connected to cpu fan (4pin) on mobo and last fan is connected to 4 pin PWR fan. One thing I noticed after the replacement though was that my radiator fans were spinning slightly faster than what I was used to, so me, being a not so clever person, decided to open the case while computer was running and touch the power cable connecting the 3x radiator fans to mobo, thinking it might have been a bit loose. Once I touched itslightly and pushed it with barely any force onto the mobo, the system suddenly shut down. I then started to reboot but with no success.I fiddled around for a while with cables, reconnecting and connecting all of them and after a many tries the system started again, but nowit looks like it doesn't want to boot. I don't have the system set up so that I get any beep codes, but I do see LED decode numbers which are stuckat 32. Looked in the asus manual and the code doesn't say any more than CPU post-memory initialization is started".

After I boot the pc my monitor says "No signal detected!" and the system doesn't seem to boot very far, I can't even get into bios. I've triedpretty much every method suggested on many forums, such as clearing any dust, removing and reconnecting power cables, changing to another power supply,taking out ram and replaced individually and together in all possible combinations, removed cmos and drained all power from system, triedrunning without gpu and also I've tried draining monitor power but all of these methods didn't seem to fix my issue. I'm connecting the gpu to monitor withDVI cable, and I made sure that the source input on monitor was correct. I tried using hdmi cable as well but with no luck. I know my monitoris not faulty because I'm using it right now connected with my laptop. I'm really out of ideas asto what I can do. Sadly I don't have another system where I can test my gpu. I have a feeling that one or all of the components got destroyed when Ifiddled with the cable while the system was running.What should I do?

Thanks in advance.
8 REPLIES 8

kkn
Level 14
got another PSU you can test?

kkn wrote:
got another PSU you can test?

Hey there kkn, yes I've tried with my old psu but it makes no difference, still same issue.. thanks for your post

Laremin wrote:
Hey there kkn, yes I've tried with my old psu but it makes no difference, still same issue.. thanks for your post

what size PSU did you try?
if the system does not get enough power it will not boot.

kkn wrote:
what size PSU did you try?
if the system does not get enough power it will not boot.

Currently I have my 600w installed, but I've also tried with 850w, but still no difference. The computer has worked on both these PSU.

drop4205
Level 12
Have you tried reseating cpu and ram and trt to boot with 1 stick? Sounds like you have tried about everything. Sorry to hear. Do you have a volt meter and trip pus on and test the connections that would plug into motherboard.
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
Have you tried reseating cpu and ram and trt to boot with 1 stick? Sounds like you have tried about everything. Sorry to hear. Do you have a volt meter and trip pus on and test the connections that would plug into motherboard.

No I haven't tried to reseat the cpu. One minor issue is that I currently have water in my loop and if I were to reseat cpu I'd have to empty everything and disassemble the loop. I might to that as a last resort though. As for the ram sticks, I did try to boot with only one ram stick but the system would still not boot. Measuring the voltage sounds like a good idea but I don't have the required utilites. Might want to invest in that as well.
Thank you for your suggestions though.

Nate152
Hello Laremin

Try updating/reflashing the bios.

Here's a guide you can follow using the bios flashback method, format a usb flashdrive to FAT32 and rename the bios file to M4E.CAP

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Nate152 wrote:
Hello Laremin

Try updating/reflashing the bios.

Here's a guide you can follow using the bios flashback method, format a usb flashdrive to FAT32 and rename the bios file to M4E.CAP

http://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?1142-How-to-use-ASUS-ROG-USB-BIOS-Flashback

Hey there, thank you for your suggestion. I did try reflashing my bios but it didn't change anything. I guess one or more of the components are at failure..