Mouse Pad Laser megamat
    Headset/Speakers Creative SoundBlaster x7
    OS Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNighthawk 8x
    Accessory #1 Blue Mic
    Accessory #2 Logitech Brio
    Accessory #3 AVEGANT GLYPH

Quote Originally Posted by Dysternaut View Post
    Thanks alot for the link! Nice to see Asus at least acknowledge the issue, but frankly it just grinds my axe even more, as this does not apply to me, as I don't live in North America. What a way to complete and utterly screw all other customers living outside that area.

"Hello, we know our products are of bad quality, and we now address this issue... for some of you, if you live in the right geographical area. The rest of you are royally screwed, thanks, bye." What a joke.

In other new on my front, things are starting to happen much more frequently in my support case funny enough, after a mod here contacted me and asked for details so he could escalate the case. The Asus supporter now calls me, instead of emailing, and he is much quicker to respond. Funny how you have to write long critical forum posts before things start to kick in gear, eh?

The solution we agreed on for the damages to my case, is that he will send me a new side for the case. Both sides are damaged, but one is most noticeable, and luckily that side is easily replaceable without losing warranty. So he's sending that side to me, and hopefully that will be the end of it.

I will have to live with the scracth they made on the other side, because the only other option was to send my computer back to the people who damaged it in the first place, for service again. I'm not doing that again, who knows what they'll break that time around?

So it will probably end here, and I am looking to buy my high end gaming monitor from Acer, as Asus is no longer an option for me, after this.

Also, I have decided to give up on IPS and the panel lottery, and get a TN panel instead. I don't have time to exchange another 10 monitors before I get a decent one...
    That's fair, TN's generally more responsive if you're playing games that require you to be twitchy. I have an IPS and the 8ms response isn't noticible for me, but I appreciate the quality of the color range.

Frakking frustrated Array Dysternaut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Veovis View Post
    That's fair, TN's generally more responsive if you're playing games that require you to be twitchy. I have an IPS and the 8ms response isn't noticible for me, but I appreciate the quality of the color range.
    I generally don't play games where responsiveness is THAT important, so IPS would probably be best for me too, with the color range. But I just don't want to waste more time exchanging monitors to get an acceptable panel...

ROG Enthusiast Array

Asus is ****.
    I Own Asus Rog gl552jx and it is full of problems.
    Its After Sale Service are worse.
    They broke 3 clips of my bottom cover.
    never asus again.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Veovis PC Specs
    Veovis PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Eluktronics N131WU
    MotherboardROG Stirx X570-I gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 3950X
    Memory (part number)CMK64GX4M2E3200C16
    Graphics Card #1Asus strix 1080 A8G
    Graphics Card #2Radeon Navi FE edition
    Sound CardCreative SoundBlaster x7
    MonitorMassdrop VAST
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 1tb
    Storage #22 x Seagate Desktop SSHD ST4000DX001 4TB 64MB Cache
    CPU CoolerArctic liquid Freezer II 120 Liquid Cooling System
    CaseGamerstorm Tristellar
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME titanium 650
    Keyboard Massdrop ALT keyboard
    Mouse Logitech G602 Mouse
    Headset Sennheiser HD58x Julibee
    Mouse Pad Laser megamat
    Headset/Speakers Creative SoundBlaster x7
    OS Windows 10 pro 64bit
    Network RouterNighthawk 8x
    Accessory #1 Blue Mic
    Accessory #2 Logitech Brio
    Accessory #3 AVEGANT GLYPH

Well the one I got was the Dell P2415Q. It cost me about 450 USD (no idea what the price is over on your end of the world) I was after maximum pixel density so that everything looked great, from websites to artwork to games. The problem is the scaling issues with windows when it decides to time out the screen (thinking that it's a 2K instead of a 4k)

It's an IPS and has an 8MS response time and is locked at 60Hz. My only regret is not having a powerful enough card to handle the gaming at 4K in some instances (running the MARS 760)

Quote Originally Posted by Veovis View Post
    Well the one I got was the Dell P2415Q. It cost me about 450 USD (no idea what the price is over on your end of the world) I was after maximum pixel density so that everything looked great, from websites to artwork to games. The problem is the scaling issues with windows when it decides to time out the screen (thinking that it's a 2K instead of a 4k)

It's an IPS and has an 8MS response time and is locked at 60Hz. My only regret is not having a powerful enough card to handle the gaming at 4K in some instances (running the MARS 760)
    Well, I really want a monitor with G-Sync, which severly limites the options. Price is not so much an issue, although I do want to get what I pay for!

Right now I am sitting in front of an Acer Predator XB281HK UHD monitor, which I got a few days ago. The TN panel is nice, as it doesn't have the horrible lightbleed that I have seen on all other IPS G-Sync monitors.

Was afraid gaming might be an issue, but game at 1920x1080 actually scale very well, so that is not an issue.

Only problem I'm having, and still debating if I can live with it, is Windows 10 and other applications horrible scaling options. So I am running nothing scaled, and debating if things are too small. Love all the screen real estate it gives though.

On other note, I'm waiting for the side for my G20 to show up, so I can get that sorted and hopefully put all this Asus nonsense behind me...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array Janne-71 PC Specs
    Janne-71 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus rog maximus hero viii
    ProcessorIntel skylake i5 6600k @ 4.6ghz
    Memory (part number)g.skill tridentz 2x8gb 3200mhz
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte 980ti gaming g1
    MonitorAsus pg279q 144hz
    Storage #1Samsung evo 850 ssd 500gb
    Storage #2Western digital 1tb hdd
    CPU CoolerCooler master hyper 212 evo
    CasePhanteks enthoo evolv atx
    Power SupplySeasonic 760-p
    Keyboard Corsair k95 mechanical
    Mouse Logitech g502
    Headset Akg k550
    Mouse Pad Razer goliathus
    Headset/Speakers Logitech z623 200w
    OS Windows 10 home

I've read eizos gsync monitor is good quality but it costs a lot...

Quote Originally Posted by Janne-71 View Post
    I've read eizos gsync monitor is good quality but it costs a lot...
    Never really heard of the brand until recently when I started looking into monitors before buying. However, they aren't that easy to come by here in Denmark.

Also, as far as I have seen, they only make FreeSync monitors, not G-Sync...?

More than 14 days have now passed since I was promised a new side for my case sent to me ASAP, and have yet to receive anything.

Have even mailed them a week ago to ask for a status, but received no reply.

So the fantastic customer oriented, wellmannered, timely and service minded service from Asus continues (sarcasm may have occured in this sentence)...

Well, I finally got the new side for my case the other day. Would have written about it here sooner, but seems the forum has been running just as well as Asus customer service here in the nordic countries the last couple of days... like absolute crap.

Also, I had to contact a moderator on here again for the side to finally show up. Had that not been an option, I probably still wouldn't have received it!

I will now change the one side of my G20s case, and the scratches on the other side of it can serve as a constant reminder never to use Asus's so-called support again, and also remind me to never ever again buy an Asus product.

You probably won't be seeing me on the forums anymore. I will be diverting my attention to more deserving brand.

Live long and suck it Asus.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

I feel your pain. I was completely fleeced on my g751jt laptop I bought. The customer service is so terrible I have finally just decided to write off the 2k I've dropped on this thing and just use my money as protest.
    3 major purchases of hardware totaling almost 2k since I bought that laptop and I specifically told the salesman that I will not accept an ASUS product.

So now after having issues with one of the two 980TI cards I bought (EVGA) and having used their tech support system I will be doing my utmost best to spend all of my money with them where I can.
    10 minute phone call and I had an RMA and a new card on the way. Zero hassle from the tech, he recognized that I had done a lot of work to verify that my card was overheating and had written up the RMA.

This is a far cry from having the ASUS people tell me to do the exact same things I had explained that I did already, and 6 months of fighting with them in regards to the damage they did to my laptop when I finally got an RMA and the fact they didn't address 75% of the issues that I had described.
    I'm not even touching the surface on all of the issues and frustrations I've suffered at the hands of their support people.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2