cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G751JY Subwoofer Vibration

Quadrider10
Level 7
Whats up guys? so i'm having an issue with the subwoofer on my laptop. if i play the sound loud, there is a lot of vibration. not really distortion, but vibration. sounds like a screw is loose or something. this also happens when certain frequencies are hit as well. for the EQ, im only using the ROG audio wizard that came with the laptop. in realtek, everything was left untouched.

what can u do to correct this issue? its annoying, cause even when the volume is low, certain frequencies make it vibrate.... is there a crossover option? seems to happen most between 300-400Hz range.
if i push on the left corner of the laptop and play with the disk drive, i can get it to stop....

It's all for ****s and giggles, until someone giggles and ****s.
9 REPLIES 9

Quadrider10
Level 7
anyone? this is really starting to annoy me and i cant even RMA it rite now....

supertoad
Level 8
i have that problem too, but this is not my from my subwoofer, this is the touchpad left click button 😕
try to push on it when the sound is very loud to hear the difference

Quadrider10
Level 7
ok yea i tried holding the buttons down while playing a freq sweep. it definitely helped, but there is still a vibration by the actual sub.... ANNOYING!

NitroX
Level 10
In Audio Wizard choose Action Profile. It is the best one when it comes to overall sound and vibration. Also, go to Speaker settings and lower down your Internal Subwoofer setting to like 35/40%. That should solve the annoying vibration or at least ameliorate it.

EDIT: Make sure you have Stereo mode selected in Realtek HD Manager. And for Environment you can go for Living room with or w/o Loudness equalization. This last feature is mostly noticeable with Headphones.

Quadrider10
Level 7
i think its honestly just my buttons that are vibrating. cant do much about it.... other than lowering the sub volume like u said...

Believe me, going from Multimedia or any other profile to Action profile will improve the overall behavior of the subwoofer. Try this also and see the difference. I'm even listening at 70% sound level with low to none vibration.

I am on action, but I adjusted the EQ to my personal settings.

iammax
Level 7
You guys were right about the mouse buttons, I tried holding them down and there's no buzzing at all anymore. In my case it's both of them.

I was hoping it was a software problem that could be fixed, ugh.

Has anyone had any luck "tightening" their buttons or anything?

loonie01
Level 7
I did this on my old G75vx which had the same issue. I took it apart and placed a small piece of cardboard between the sub woofer and the upper housing. That created less vibrations. I have the same problem now with my G751. I have't took this one apart yet.