cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usb ports keep unplugging!

Oskar
Level 7
Hello!

So I built my computer about 2 or 3 years ago, and everything worked properly until a couple months ago. My USB ports suddenly disconnect and I know this because I hear de generic windows sound effect when something is unplugged.
My keyboard lights blink as if it lost power and I can't use any key, my mouse stops working as well and even my wacom tabet messes up.

I can't use anything until I hear the same unplugging sound form windows a couple more times and by the second or third time I hear it, my keyboard and tablet start to respond WITHOUT the plugging in sound... everything works except for my mouse, I have to restart my computer to use the mouse again.

I have checked everything in the power management options in windows and disabled the sleep option for the usb ports, I've deleted all the shaded unplugged usb devices on de device manager and disabled the sleep options there as well.

The problem happens specially when I leave the computer Idle, or sometimes it happens when I'm gaming or working... but it happens every time I use my computer. I have everything plugged directly into the motherboard.
I haven't done anything to my computer, just added more RAM and changed the PSW because de old one died.

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME!!!!
English is not my first language 🙂

Motherboard: Asus Rampage IV Extreme
Processor: Intel Core i7 3930K 3.2GHz
Power Supply: Cooler Master V1000 (previously EVGA Classified 1500)
GPU: AMD Diamond HD7970
RAM: Corsair Vengance 1600MHz 32GB (4x8)
Keyboard: CM Storm Devastator
Mouse: Razer Ouroboros
Tablet: Intuos Pen & Touch
2 REPLIES 2

kkn
Level 14
try and reinstal the usb driver and see if that helps.

kkn wrote:
try and reinstal the usb driver and see if that helps.

I've done that, even I've installed a brand new hard disc drive and I've installed carefully every driver and the problem is still happening!
Do any of you guys have any usb monitoring tool? or something to further troubleshoot my usb ports?