cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAXIMUS VIII GENE XMP Issues

fosser2
Level 7
Hey All,

This is my first post on this forum so try not to be too critical. I am having issues setting Intel XMP with this MB. I have done this quite extensively in the past and never had any issues getting these values to set. I have certified ram modules (CMK32GX4M4A2666C16R) and they all past Memtest 86+ so I do not believe it is the memory causing issues. BIOS version 1402 allowed me to set XMP and then manually change the voltage to 1.35V (which is high) to successfully post. Upon flashing BIOS 1504 I cannot post with XMP at all. This is not right, because I should not have to change voltages or anything for XMP to work. I have called ASUS on the issue, but they say that XMP = overclocking and is "unsupported." If anyone has any suggestions please let me know!

Build Specs (CAD Workstation):

• MAXIMUS VIII GENE
  • i7-6700K
  • Corsair Hydro Series H100i GTX
  • 32GB CMK32GX4M4A2666C16R
  • EVGA SuperNOVA 650 P2 80+ PLATINUM, 650W
  • Samsung 950 PRO -Series 256GB
  • NVIDIA QUADRO K2000
  • Corsair Obsidian Series 350D
5 REPLIES 5

Chino
Level 15

Chino wrote:
Instead of using XMP, setup your RAM timings and voltage manually. See if that works.

Thanks for the recommendation. I have manually set the timings and it seems to have posted. I attached a picture of my screen from CPU-Z and I'm hoping you can let me know if that looks accurate. As for the XMP values, I suppose that I'll just have to wait until ASUS issues a new BIOS that fixes this given issue...

fosser2 wrote:
Thanks for the recommendation. I have manually set the timings and it seems to have posted. I attached a picture of my screen from CPU-Z and I'm hoping you can let me know if that looks accurate. As for the XMP values, I suppose that I'll just have to wait until ASUS issues a new BIOS that fixes this given issue...

Yes, that looks fine!

Nate152
Hello fosser2

There's nothing wrong with setting your ram manually vs using XMP and your ram is running at its rated specs, it looks good to me and I'd go with that.

Nate152 wrote:
Hello fosser2

There's nothing wrong with setting your ram manually vs using XMP and your ram is running at its rated specs, it looks good to me and I'd go with that.

Sounds good, I appreciate the help guys!