cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tube Res Pump Combo

drop4205
Level 12
I am looking at using either a primochill tube res with d5 pump mounted to base of tube or the EK version. I need to be able to use the top of the res as the inlet port. Ever where I look they all say not to use the top as the inlet and wondering why? If I get the primochill 3 port top I should be able to use the side as the inlet or on the EK version I would need to get the multi top and use a aqua pipe. Am I correct in saying so or not. I am not sure why you cant use the original top that the primo chill included as there are 4 port there. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11
3 REPLIES 3

drop4205
Level 12
Someone must have used a d5 enabled tube res and use top port of tube for inlet. Just wondering if a aqua tube is needed if i plan the route this way. If aqua tube is needed it obviously screws into underside of top cap but is there enough threads on outside of cap for a fitting? New to trying a custom loop in next few months. Thank you for any input on is there a better d5 enabled tube res better than other
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

kkn
Level 14
the problem whit using the top as return is that you will let air in to the top part in the loop.
if it is a radiator it will fill the rad whit air and it will not cool that good as it would be if it was full of coolant.
and you will use the top to fill up the res whit coolant.

drop4205
Level 12
I get the air going in but if the top was a multi top as if i had a return in the top to a aqua tube and use another port on the top to fill the res would the air bleed out as it wouldnt be sealed till it was done bleeding. I may just stick to using the inlets and outlets at pumphead i guess