cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PG348Q vs X34 Predator [In-Hand Review]

Slitzerikai
Level 7
Just figured I would give my quick little notice to everyone out there my experience between the two monitors.

The Acer X34 Predator I got a hold of a Re-Certified one from their outlet site for a price of $729.99 flat.
It was delivered and set up, and after running it through a slew of tests these are the end results on the points that I think matter.

Reaches 100hz with no issue.
No coil whine detected. (If there are, it's quieter than my speakers and thus don't notice)
No dead/stuck pixels.
100 Hz runs fine after gaming at full settings for a few hours. (Tested on CS:GO and Fallout 4).

Backlight bleed shows through moderately on the top left corner. Minimal everywhere else. Only noticeable on dark backgrounds anyway... meh.

The ASUS PG348Q I bought from Amazon and finally got it shipped out, for a price of $1299.99 flat, brand new.

Hits 100hz with color artifacting.
Reaches 95hz, after a couple hours, color artifacting.
Reaches 90hz safely.
No coil whine detected.
No dead/stuck pixels.
90hz runs fine after gaming for hours. (Again, CS:GO and Fallout 4)

Backlight bleed again noticeable in top left corner. Minimal overall. Again... meh, really the least of my worries.

-----

In the end, my refurb X34 has thus far performed better than the brand new PG348Q. The overclocking being the only difference between them at this time, we'll see if this changes as the life of the monitors continue.

If anyone has any questions or wants a test done, let me know!
4 REPLIES 4

mwe3302
Level 9
Ty for the review
I7 5930k 6 core ,corsair Hydro series H110i GTX AIO Hydro CPU cooler, Corsair AX860i PSU, ASUS rampage V extreme/U3.1, Corsair
platinum dominator 32gb DDR 4 3200, Nvidia geforce GTX 1080 x2 in SLI, Corsair obsidian 750D

libremaster
Level 7
Seems to me that it'll be a couple of years (may be 2) before we can see those monitors with fewer problems

Thanks for the review

Just out of curiosity can you tell any difference between the 90hz and the 100hz
Keep it S1mple Stupid

toronto699
Level 13
now that u have both the Asus PG348Q and an Acer X34 what would u buy or keep if u had a choice now ? and is the $1300 US worth the price for the PG348Q, here In Canada the Asus PG348Q is $1900 Canadian or more that's a lot of bucks if there are little issues like black light bleed or Glow, and what are your worries ?