cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G71Gx Wont boot!

Retired
Not applicable
I have a G71gx I bought from best buy quite a while back. I've had no complaints with this laptop until now. I first started experiancing the screen flicker a week ago, which seems to have stopped. But have now moved onto bigger problems! The laptop will not power up at all. I tried removing the battery letting it sit, pushing the reset on the bottom of the computer. Neither steps provided any fix. When I plug the laptop in the blue charging light comes on but no power. I can run an older less power demanding laptop off my charger for the G71. Could I have a weak charger or is my g71 smoked?
26 REPLIES 26

Retired
Not applicable
sounds like something died... i would call tech support and see if you can send it in.

did you ever do the bios update when you got your notebook?

Retired
Not applicable
I did not do a bios update, would that cause a total failure like this? I figured I'd probably have to have it repaired, it's out of warranty so I will have to decide to fix it or replace it I guess.

The RMA department can do out of warranty repair for a fee if the parts are instock.

The pricing is excelent, for example I had the dead motherboard in my ASUS ROG G1S notebook replaced for a total of $120.00 this included parts and services and return shipping.

Retired
Not applicable
V2-V3 wrote:
The RMA department can do out of warranty repair for a fee if the parts are instock.

The pricing is excelent, for example I had the dead motherboard in my ASUS ROG G1S notebook replaced for
a total of $120.00 this included parts and services and return shipping.

I believe I've found a bit of a fly in the ointment... Conflict of interest... ASUS is not repairing their computers "Bizcom Electronics" is...
Bizcom handle the warranty repair for ASUS... They call it CID\OOW... Now if you want it repaired, they tell you it's going to cost $$$...
Then they turn around and bill ASUS for a warranty repair... Do I have proof "None"... Except I know my laptop; I took perfect care of
it... Including how it was transported... Used a special cleaning cloth to clean the LCD screen...
Here is the contact info from Bizcom website...
http://www.bizcom-ca.com/main.asp?content_id=3

Same address as ASUS repair facility Milpitas, CA
CONTACT - USA
Bizcom Electronics Inc.
1171 Montague Expressway
Milpitas, California
USA 95035

Phone: 408-262-7877
Fax: 408-262-3907
Web site www.bizcom-us.com
VP, Sales: Laurens Shu
Parent Company - COMPAL - Taipei, Taiwan
DKA: Bizcom Electronics, Inc. - (1.6 miles from above address)
881 Wrigley Way
Milpitas 95035
408 262 7877
FAX: 408 262 3907
Service: NBService@compal.com
Contact - CANADA
Alok Sarna
E-mail: alok@allstream.net

Retired
Not applicable
I was told today by asus that the motherboard for the g71gx is no longer available. Anyone have any ideas??

Have you tried searching sites like eBay for a replacement motherboard?

Anti- As Economical Methods
Any specific Opponents Regularions when it comes to Macedonia will, in my opinion, excplicitly can consist of rigid prohibitions for the subsequent habits (even more aspects is in Porter's reserve 1 . "Competitive Strategy").
These practices define the very Macedonian marketplace. They begin to sway this Macedonian current economic climate simply by unsatisfactory global people, motivating gry ineptitude and thus mismanagement, retaining unnaturally high prices, misallocating pretty hard to find information, elevating lack of employment,

Retired
Not applicable
good luck, no one sells just a mobo. Doesnt doeskin seem to be any used ones atm either.

V2-V3
Level 8
I found this company offering a repair service for the G71 Motherboard:
http://compare.ebay.com/like/330485006421?ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&rvr_id=182079581875&c...