Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to backup Windows 10 Home License to perform format

TurkROG
Level 7
Dears

Greeting ...

Is there any way to backup activation of windows 10 to perform a complete format of windows 10 and reinstall windows 10 without losing
the license ?
5 REPLIES 5

brkkab123
Level 7
After you upgrade to Windows 10 download MagicJellyBean's free version of KeyFinder. Install it and copy your Windows 10 key on a piece of paper. Now you can do a clean install of 10. It worked for me on my pc. Here's the download link: https://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder/

Search that topic in my UEFI windows installation guide... this was already covered. ( see my sig or search it as it is a sticky thread ).
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

redduc900
Level 9
Since you upgraded from Win8.x to Win10, and assuming you haven't modified the hardware since...

When you install and activate Windows 10 on a system for the first time, the installer confirms that you have a “genuine Windows” system installed and registers your hardware with Microsoft’s servers. After that, you shouldn’t have to enter that key again on the same PC–Microsoft will recognize your hardware the next time you install Windows 10 on that machine, confirm it’s registered, and automatically activate itself.

http://www.howtogeek.com/224342/how-to-clean-install-windows-10/
Laptop: Asus G750JZ

Clintlgm
Level 14
You don't need any of that, once your notebook has been activated on MS servers, your notebook will always activate automatically no key needed. on install if asked for key just click on continue your notebook will automatically activate as soon as you go online.
G752VY-DH72 Win 10 Pro
512 GB M.2 Samsung 960 Pro
1 TB Samsung 850 pro 2.5 format
980m GTX 4 GB
32GB DDR 4 Standard RAM

Z97 PRO WiFi I7 4790K
Windows 10 Pro
Z97 -A
Windows 10 Pro

JustinThyme
Level 13
As clint pointed out if it does ask for a serial just continue. If it fails to activate once you go online simply go to your apps menu and select contact support. It launches a chat window and if you have a valid license and not pirated they will take care of it for you. It may or may not require them to open up a remote session with your machine but in the end they will take care of it.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein