javanesse
Level 7
Hy,
i have a problem with bios freezing on asus GL552jx
my hardware is:
- Asus GL552JX
- Bios version 2.0.9
here's my story line.
i was install OS X el capitan hackintosh on my standard HDD port and everything looks good.
but i want to make an dual/triple boot, so i bought a M.2 SSD that because my laptop have an M.2 SSD port then i try to install that OS X on it, and Windows in the standard HDD port with UEFI install.
after installing the clover bootoader to my M.2 SSD, restart my laptop and that happening. my bios gone freeze at Bios Logo. i can not enter the bios or boot order until i unplug all HDD so it can be reset and back to normal.
my smiliar problem was found at here:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301795-bios-hangs-after-installing-bootloader/

so, my actually problem is:
i have freezing bios while booting from M.2 SSD

any clue about this problem?
thank you verymuch.

SOLVED by unplug all storage device and then reflashing bios. not efficient but it work
5 REPLIES 5

maf23
Level 7
Have you tried putting any other operating system on the m2 instead to troubleshoot?

maf23 wrote:
Have you tried putting any other operating system on the m2 instead to troubleshoot?

yes, i do. i try to instal Linux and got a same result. still freezing.
maybe i'll change the thread tittle because i have same result "again" i mean freezing bios, while im try to install another OS via Hdd Caddy, whitout M.2 ssd
so, the m2 ssd is not an problem right now.

FYI, im install with UEFI method, all of them.

maybe anyone got same problem, here is the temporary solution.
bios freezing can be solved by:
1. ejecting all HDD
2. turn on the ROG (Still got freezing status)
3. force turn off by power button
4. turn on again
so we can enter the bios settings.
in boot order i've got 3 boot option automatically by EFI partition each OS.
trying to disabling or deleting any other boot order (and path) but once again, got same result because they will re-appear's due Bios auto EFI partition detection's

probably this is caused by Bios but im not sure yet.
i hope we got any solution for this probem.

javanesse wrote:
yes, i do. i try to instal Linux and got a same result. still freezing.
maybe i'll change the thread tittle because i have same result "again" i mean freezing bios, while im try to install another OS via Hdd Caddy, whitout M.2 ssd
so, the m2 ssd is not an problem right now.

FYI, im install with UEFI method, all of them.

maybe anyone got same problem, here is the temporary solution.
bios freezing can be solved by:
1. ejecting all HDD
2. turn on the ROG (Still got freezing status)
3. force turn off by power button
4. turn on again
so we can enter the bios settings.
in boot order i've got 3 boot option automatically by EFI partition each OS.
trying to disabling or deleting any other boot order (and path) but once again, got same result because they will re-appear's due Bios auto EFI partition detection's

probably this is caused by Bios but im not sure yet.
i hope we got any solution for this probem.

Hi there,
Tks for your topic
I prepare to install dual OS (OS X, Windows ) at the same way like you, and your post let me know what's the problem i'll face. Also, do you try to install 2 OS in one storage ( just on M2. ssd or on hdd ) ?

viper4595 wrote:
Hi there,
Tks for your topic
I prepare to install dual OS (OS X, Windows ) at the same way like you, and your post let me know what's the problem i'll face. Also, do you try to install 2 OS in one storage ( just on M2. ssd or on hdd ) ?

i have 2 hdd, so i was install those OS separately.

solved by reflashing bios while getting stuck