cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G752VT with 970M 3DMark performance

tchigozette
Level 7
Hi everybody,

I just want to get your opinions with my 3DMARK result.

I own a G752VT with 970M video card.

I've ran 3DMARK Basic Free with default settings (http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/3dmark_download.html)

My score is 6702, while one of my colleague got 9000 with desktop computer, old I7 CPU and 970 video card.

Is my score normally low as it's a laptop, or is it correct for a laptop ?

Can anyone else run this test with same laptop for comparing the performance ?

Thanks in advance.
3 REPLIES 3

JustinThyme
Level 13
6702 is about right, you may be able to tweak out a few more points but not too many. Keep in mind the G752VT is not a desktop. The 970M is not in the same family as a GTX 970 dektop card.
If you got 9000 Id be angry because I spent the extra on a G752VY with a 980M and have to OC mine to break 9K. Stock clocks with just maximizing the settings in Nvidia control panel I get 8549, but again thats on a 980M. If you go back a model to the VL with the 965M you wont break 5000.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

NeoBeum
Level 9
If you want a rough guideline, you can sort of look at numbers for a laptop GPU performing about the same as it's previous generation Desktop model (and I demote it further because laptops are laptops, and desktops are proper gaming machines).

So a GTX360 probably beat a GTX480M

Always remember you pay more for mobility than power when you involve yourself with gaming laptops.