cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

G501VW, audio issue, internal speaker, very low volume within iTunes or from VLC

billouparis
Level 7
Hey guyz,

I bought a brand new G501VW FY108T.
The internal speaker volume is very very low. Can hardly hear anything.
Device configuration is in attached image, as well as driver versions.

I browsed the forum and did not find a solution for me. I tried to update drivers, remove them, one by one, reboot between each test, and did not manage to find out my issue.
Does somebody know how I could sort this out now? I suspect a driver conflict, but was not able to fix this.

Thanks for any kind of help!
Bill
9 REPLIES 9

billouparis
Level 7
Hello again,

I have some progress.
Actually the windows sounds are playing with a high volume, also the test that relies on the fourth tab panel from the Speakers Properties window, is playing full volume range.
My issue occurs when I play a file from within itunes, or from vlc for example. In both cases, with volume bar set to the maximum, the volume hardly reaches half the viewmeter for the volume.
Any idea?

Bill

Anyone?

Try checking the option 'Loudness Equalization ' in the Realtek application and see if it helps.

Shot in the dark:

Did you turn down the volume in VLC and leave it down?

I don't know whether or not the bug has been fixed in the years since I first encountered it, but I remember -- for a time -- that VLC Media player would somehow assert dominance in Windows over all other programs in the area of audio control.

If you turned down the volume in VLC player, then shut it off, it would turn down ALL volume on the entire computer and leave at wherever you left it -- including the system volume control, which would appear to be set to max, but would only play audio about as loudly as VLC last allowed it to.

Dunno if it's a bug, a glitch, a flaw, or some kind of "feature" but that's all I can suggest.
*slurps his slushie*

My VLC is set to 100% or even more in volume, and it does not help. Also sound from itunes is as low as vlc. Only windows sounds seem to play loud as expected.
It's a bit annoying.

BigCTM wrote:
Try checking the option 'Loudness Equalization ' in the Realtek application and see if it helps.

Where do you see this option? I only see the "virtual surround" box as an option to enable from within the Realtek app. And from the slickdeals thread users seemed to indicate that the loudness option does help a lot.

Thanks!

In the Realtek HD Audio Manager, click the Speakers tab, then the smaller submenu tab Sound Effects, and look for the checkbox Loudness Equalization.

fiveomustang wrote:
Where do you see this option? I only see the "virtual surround" box as an option to enable from within the Realtek app. And from the slickdeals thread users seemed to indicate that the loudness option does help a lot.

Thanks!

Maybe I did not explain explicitely enough, but when playing songs/video, the playback device level indicator never goes further than 50%. I have tried evrryguide I have found, uninstall/reinstall drivers, change the equalizer, loudness effect, tried the different options of the audiowizard, but nothing did help at all.
I'm desperate!

Bill

billouparis wrote:
Maybe I did not explain explicitely enough, but when playing songs/video, the playback device level indicator never goes further than 50%. I have tried evrryguide I have found, uninstall/reinstall drivers, change the equalizer, loudness effect, tried the different options of the audiowizard, but nothing did help at all.
I'm desperate!

Bill

Still the same issue, sound very low. Nobody ever faced this issue?