cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GL752VW Win 7 Touch Pad Driver?

m_anghel
Level 7
Does anyone know the drivers necessary to make the touch pad work in Win 7? It is becoming rather frustrating to have a gaming
notebook, and even the most simple working device is not working.
How difficult could it be to have touch pad working? I cannot believe that a manufacturer of gaming notebooks does not take seriously
the fact that the OS installed on this notebooks, cannot only be Windows 10, witch by the way really sucks!
4 REPLIES 4

RobertT
Level 7
m.anghel wrote:
Does anyone know the drivers necessary to make the touch pad work in Win 7? It is becoming rather frustrating to have a gaming
notebook, and even the most simple working device is not working.
How difficult could it be to have touch pad working? I cannot believe that a manufacturer of gaming notebooks does not take seriously
the fact that the OS installed on this notebooks, cannot only be Windows 10, witch by the way really sucks!

Well the ATK drivers only work on windows 10 so the only thing you can do is either use an external mouse or upgrade to windows 10 (it's free)

RobertT wrote:
Well the ATK drivers only work on windows 10 so the only thing you can do is either use an external mouse or upgrade to windows 10 (it's free)

well...the upgrading is free, but its not a solution.

Back on subject...
As i found out today(from our Asus local support) my touch pad is :ELAN SA 473i-12A2. I have tried to search
for drivers on the vendors web page. Unfortunately everything i found, i could not successfully install. The message on all drivers i tried
"device not connected"
I took a closer look in the Device Manager....and i could not identify the item that should represent my touch pad(detected and without drivers)
I am thinking now, that either windows 7 does not correctly see the touch pad, or i have a defective touch pad.

I have checked in BIOS and the internal Pointing device is enabled.
I do not find any reason why Windows 7 does not even detect the touch pad.the effort to try to find drivers, is useless if the touch pad
is not even detected.

PS..another thing i have learned today from our local support.
AHCI BIOS setting.
It seems that starting with BIOS version 205, AHCI settings are blocked(could not be modified).
In order to install without problems Windows 7, seems that is necessary to downgrade BIOS version to 205,
otherwise the windows 7 will request drivers during installation.

HELLLLP!!!!!

maf23
Level 7
I have read somewhere that the touchpad uses Serial IO drivers that do not install under Windows 7 (at least on my Skylake GL552VW). I too have spent several support calls and days trying dozens of drivers and although some managed to install, they still did not function under Windows 7. Problem exists for Linux as well. Just part of the grand conspiracy to get everyone on Windows 10. I totally sympathize with you, as I consider Windows 8 through 10 regressions to accommodate non-desktop platforms.

To be honest i am disappointed, regarding this "small issue" that is completely not handled well by Asus.

My Notebook came with Free Dos pre-installed. I have spent a lot of time, trying to get this machine working....but despite all
my efforts, seems that the winner is " Asus policy for supporting only windows 10". There is no clear will, to help customers, that
do not consider Windows 10 as a solution for their business. All the replies from customer support(local& global) are in a range of
"we do not care".
Now i understand the logo of my brand new 1000 euro notebook: Assus "in search if incredible" customer careless.

I do not advise buying this notebooks if you plan to use Windows 7 or even Windows 8. The only support that you will get
is for windows 10. All other platforms can die.