cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus VIII Hero - CPU-Z

tech_noob1
Level 7
Hi all recently iv been have intermitted problems in games for example screen freezing/stopping like lag and often keys on my keyboard not working when i press them in games like league of legends.

Basicly i have no idea what this is and my gear is fairly new round 4 months old.

i7 6700k, rog viii hero mb, g skill ram 3400mhz gtx980 ti 750 seriess ssd

Now when i go into cpu-z (never use to) and do a stress test it is no longer stable sitting at 11000ish score, somtimes is flucuates a few thousand and there is no other application using the cpu. But the main thing thats worrying me is it completely goes down to 0 or even negalive numbers for a split second. making me think this is all tied into my problem in league.

Ive recently updated to latest bios, iv run intels cpu tester which passed, im fresh installed windows all with no sucess, has anyone got any ideas and is this normal for cpu-z to act this way?
4.7ghz OC
42 REPLIES 42

Nate152
Hi tech noob

It sounds like you have an unstable pc and I'm wondering if it's your ram.

Try resetting to defaults in the bios (F5) then give league of legends a go, at 3400MHz your ram may need some adjustments to the vccio and cpu system agent voltages.

how would i go about adjusting the vccio? ive turn my 4.7ghz oc off

its really hard to test in league coz its a problem thats really hard to actualy tel when it happens
4.7ghz OC

tech_noob1
Level 7
it is a 3400 mhz rated set from g.skill and its all standard but with xmp profile set to make it run at its rated speed
4.7ghz OC

tech_noob1
Level 7
No other ideas..?
4.7ghz OC

Nate152
Have you tried league of legends at default settings to see if it still freezes and your keyboard becomes unresponsive? Also try running the stress test at default settings this will give us an idea if those voltages need adjusted.

The vccio and cpu system agent voltages are found in the bios on the extreme tweaker tab.

tech_noob1
Level 7
ok ive run the tests in atleast 3 different profiles but will do at full default settings. will let your know,
4.7ghz OC

also league is running at low settings and v sync even though it can run 300 fps on max easy and problem persists, same problem even with it off.
4.7ghz OC

ok yes thats somthing i didnt mention derp.., there is a "Unkown USB Device (device Descriptor Request Failed)" in the USB controller area. which i tried fixing with this tutorial

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/system-file-check-sfc-scan-and-rep...

i did the scan then did the "sfc /scannnow" test which passed fully then did the repair anyway as suggested..

You can run scanhealth & restore health at the same time like this
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth && DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Type DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth . (please note the space after "dism", & "online" & "image")
If the repair is successful you may want to re-run SFC just to check.

i figured since all this was a success it wasnt the issue.
4.7ghz OC

Chino there is no OC and the problem persists.
4.7ghz OC