cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Code b2 Wont boot / Show display

Reb00tas
Level 7
Hello.
Today I was gaming and my screen went some crazy colors and i could not do anything so i reset my computer.

But then it didn't show anything on the display and won't boot.

Q-Code: b2

I tried a other PSU, graphic card, ram from my secondary machine. With same result
Also updating my bios to the latest one with Bios Flashback.

After reseting like 50 times and get the start logo. Q-Code(99) on the display And i press del to enter setup but i never get to it. And after 20 sec the computer reset.

Is this a death motherboard ?

Thank you.
8 REPLIES 8

drop4205
Level 12
Clear cmos, unplug psu and remove battery for a half hr or so. Try just 1 stick of ram plug in put battery back again cmos again and see if itll get into bios. If not switch n try bios 2. List all specs of system and usb components. Check gpu connections and or try gpu in different slot
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
Clear cmos, unplug psu and remove battery for a half hr or so. Try just 1 stick of ram plug in put battery back again cmos again and see if itll get into bios. If not switch n try bios 2. List all specs of system and usb components. Check gpu connections and or try gpu in different slot

already tried:
Switching bios
PS/2 Keyboard
Remove M.2 SSD
Clear cmos
Removing battery
Replaced battery
different gpu in different slots
6 different ram in 1 slot.

Motherboard is a X99 Rampage Extreme
I unplugged everything. USB connecters and so on.
Right now there is only cpu, gpu, 1 ram stick and PSU. Still stuck at Q-Code b2
I've been using like 8 hours now testing and testing different things.
Only thing I can't test is another motherboard and CPU, my other build is 1151.

I ordered a new motherboard and will try it out tomorrow when I get it and let you know if it works.

Thank you for your reply

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
You try this GPU in other machine? You have another CPU in the other machine compatible with this board? Because at the end of the day PCIe controller is on CPU....best to swap out everything you can to find which component is at fault...

b2 is VGA initialization

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
You try this GPU in other machine? You have another CPU in the other machine compatible with this board? Because at the end of the day PCIe controller is on CPU....best to swap out everything you can to find which component is at fault...

b2 is VGA initialization

I tried replace everything except CPU and Motherboard.

drop4205
Level 12
U remove cpu n check pins?
Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900k, Phantex Evolove X, Seasonic Titanium 850W, Custom loop PE360+SE360 Rad, G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200C14 32g, Nvidia Reference RTX 2080 TI, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1Tb, Windows 11

drop4205 wrote:
U remove cpu n check pins?

I build it for 1 year ago never had any problems.

But I can try check it. But that can't be possible ?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Yeah right you are...well hope new board sorts it 🙂

Okey I got a solution..

After thinking whole night could be death motherboard or my 5960x

I took out my cpu and drive to a friend and yes the cpu was death.

I just bought a new one and everything is working perfect.

So I hope that I will get money back when i RMA it monday.

Thanks for your reply's and interrest in my problem.