cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Star Wars the Old Republic worth the $60?

strawhat
Level 7
Ok so ive been wanting to get this game for a while now and just got my new laptop for christmas is the game worth the $60 and does it come with 1 month of game time?

here are the specs on my new laptop.

CPU:i7-2630GM 2.0GHZ
RAM:8GB
HDD:640GB
GFX Card:Nvidia GeForce GTX560M 2GB dedicated video Ram

so how do u think my computer will run the game if i get it anyways
14 REPLIES 14

kb0sdq
Level 10
Hello Strawhat and welcome to the board,
I played the beta swtor and had only couple problems with video which i fixed by reducing the overclock on my video card. I have the g73jh laptop so your machine should not have any troubles. As far as the free month I do not think so. you can check with their customer service to see. I just could not swing the 14.99 a month along with my wow account. All n all the game is worth the money.
Hope this helped,
Doug

Kronvict
Level 9
The game is definitely woth it. You do get 30 days free but u have to add a subscription with a credit card or game time card. You do not get charged until your 30 days are up so you can cancel before then if you choose to without getting charged.

Spoony
Level 7
no its not worth it at all far from it.

poor mans WoW and WoW is shocking aswell. gave wow 6months play time before anybody says anything and played the closed and open beta for SWTOR and found it a joke.

you pay each month for a game that looks half finished and like a cheap cartoon come on you got to be kidding me get real. Guild Wars is FREE per month no hidden charges and that looks excellent and plays well. so this game is just gonna sell for the name and nothing more to the die hard fans and wow players.

why buy a game and then each month pay to play it ? answer that one cos if others do it free per month why should you pay for this one ?

DaemonCantor
Level 13
I haven't played SWTOR but I have played WoW and I'm a fan of Guild Wars...so I do agree with Spoony and will continue with Guild Wars and save the 10 to 15 bux a month plus you can get the game and all 3 expansions for less that World of Warcraft anyway...Just watch the sales....

My Gal gave me the game for Xmas (to go with the new system I am almost done building) so I am looking forward to playing it (WoW got so damn old..plus now pandas??). But really if one is worried about 15.00 a month.. then maybe one less trip to McD will pay for the monthly fee.

Sigh..

If those who don't like a game.. well then go get yourself 100million and make your own version of the game. And problem is solved.
Mobo: Asus Maximus Iv Gene Z
CPU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: Asus GTX 560ti x2 (SLI)
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16g
SSD: Crucial m4 128g
Power: Corsair HX750w
Case: InWin Dragon Slayer

ImBrotherCain
Level 7
As a long time MMO player I tend to have high standards for my games. With that said I really enjoy the games Bioware has made. So when I heard they were making KOTOR an MMO I couldn't wait. I waited about 2 years for the game and I have not been disappointed.

Yes the game isn't going to be as polished as WoW or Guild Wars but for being only two weeks old the game is quite good. Just like every other good MMO it borrows certain aspects from other games but what it does far and above any other game is story telling. When did RPG fall from the title? I mean come on every other MMO is based upon end game content.

So far I have sunk about 5 days into the game and I am hooked. I cannot wait to see how the game progresses.

Thomas
Level 10
I decided to give TOR a try and I am absolutely loving it (lvl 30 now). I think one of the main features is that when you are questing with friends you all enter into the conversation with NPC's at the same time, so you get this really cool variety of characters all chipping in on whatever the current conversation is and because it uses a dice rolling system you never know where thing will go on good/evil decisions.

Also, for a launch MMORPG the game is surprisingly well polished and balanced.

I suggest giving it a go, especially if you have liked WoW in the past.
Thomas Jenner
Asus UK

Dont know if you made your choice to play or not but this game got me to qwuit WoW and i have been playn since Beta. I got a 50 Sith Warrior Jugger. Its not a Clone of WoW and BLABLABLA its an MMO that does have some very FRESH ideas. the ratio is bad Republic-1/Empire-5 on almost all servers. But lots to do and its actually has a GREAT story makes me actually feel like im in the game unlike WoW that is a click>quest>turn in. If you have any questions hit me up been playn MMOs for years to include WoW/GW/Aion/AoC/WHO/Rift/DCUO/EQ/EQ2 and plan for WHO40K/GW2

I should also state maybe helped me switch since I have 22 85's all in DW gear since newest raid was lame.\

Also your computer should be fine its not that graphic intense its a lil more demanding than WoW

game is worth every penny, its bioware come on, they are known for great storytelling.