Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Keyboard backlights on g750jz not working

    Hey guys, I decided to ask for help here since I don't know how to get keyboard backlights working on my g750jz.
    Maybe it doesn't even have them? I have downloaded ATK packages and whatnot but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

  2. #2
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,859

    Just watched about 20 video reviews to see it any back lights came up and managed to find one that did show white back lighting.
    Stupid question, you have tried Fn+F4?

  3. #3
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    Just watched about 20 video reviews to see it any back lights came up and managed to find one that did show white back lighting.
    Stupid question, you have tried Fn+F4?
    Yes, I have tried fn+f4.

  4. #4
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    71
    Posts
    767

    Quote Originally Posted by Sillu View Post
    Hey guys, I decided to ask for help here since I don't know how to get keyboard backlights working on my g750jz.
    Maybe it doesn't even have them? I have downloaded ATK packages and whatnot but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
    This sub-forum is already bombarded with threads about this subject.
    I suggest you use the built-in search or google the theme with a postfix of "site:rog.asus.com".

    Please next time reply in an already open thread about similar topic, that way others in the future can get help from a thread that is dedicated for such topic/theme.

    Thanks.

  5. #5
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,859

    Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    This sub-forum is already bombarded with threads about this subject.
    I suggest you use the built-in search or google the theme with a postfix of "site:rog.asus.com".

    Please next time reply in an already open thread about similar topic, that way others in the future can get help from a thread that is dedicated for such topic/theme.

    Thanks.
    This sub forum is far more full of spam post from wannabe moderators scolding the potential of any new members. If you cant help or don't want to help please just move on. One thing is for sure if you search keywords you use to scold other members there would be hundreds of hits, most of your posts! If you wish to start your own forum and hassle every new member that pops in feel free. They sell domains at Godaddy.
    https://www.godaddy.com/offers/defau...160402125645:s
    Thank you in advance for leaving the newbies alone.

    Back on topic for the OP

    Before you installed the new ATK package did you uninstall the old one?
    If there are any remnants left it often can cause problems.
    First uninstall the old package, then go to C:\Programfiles (x86)|ASUS and delete the ATK Package folder. Then install the new package. There are only 3 reasons for the back-light not to work.
    1)ATK package
    2)ribbon cable loose
    3)lights are shot

    is highly doubtful that the lights are shot as there are more than one and they would not all go at once.

  6. #6
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array navis995's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Reputation
    50
    Posts
    295

    Unless there is some ribbon damage that connects to the keyboard light, the ATK package from Asus for G750JZ Windows 10 should work.
    If it doesn't then you have physical damage.
    Asus Rog G750JZ
    Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
    CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.0Ghz @ -70mV)
    GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +70Mhz Core, +400Mhz Memory @ 1.000V)
    RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
    Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
    Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
    Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
    Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

  7. #7
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    71
    Posts
    767

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    This sub forum is far more full of spam post from wannabe moderators scolding the potential of any new members. If you cant help or don't want to help please just move on. One thing is for sure if you search keywords you use to scold other members there would be hundreds of hits, most of your posts! If you wish to start your own forum and hassle every new member that pops in feel free. They sell domains at Godaddy.
    ...www.godaddy.com....
    Thank you in advance for leaving the newbies alone.

    Justin,
    Sorry to inform you, but other can write their own opinion, exactly as you do, WHILE FOLLOWING THE FORUMS RULES !
    I.E WITHOUT OFFENDING POSTS !
    If you got issues with the way the built in search works - you should direct your anger toward yourself at first, then you're welcome to write a complaint to ASUS.

    Now, if you just looked at recent's admin (xeromist) post, you can clearly see that he back me up.
    When I encounter a clearly repeated, well discussed theme, yes, I'm allowed to comment to that person (freedom of speech), so he/she will be able to learn from the knowledge already existed in this forum, and hopefully, when the issue resolves, he/she can report back IN A THREAD THAT ALREADY COVERS THE SAME ISSUE, thus enriching this forum knowledge.

    Because you continue to write such offending posts, you leave me no choice but to escalate the case to the forum's admins,
    as YOU ARE CLEARLY VIOLATE THE FORUM RULES ! (you systematically harass me and my legal right of freedom of speech)
    One can easily search your posts, which shows a direct pattern, of systematically leaving OFFENDING POSTS FOR ABOUT ANY 2ND MESSAGE I LEAVE ( this without mentioning that you harass other users )
    THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

    MarshallR / xeromist - Can I have your input on this please ?

    ( I really don't want to open any new thread about it )

  8. #8
    ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array Gps3dx PC Specs
    Gps3dx PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)Current: G751JT | Retired: G55VW, G51JX
    MotherboardInc M.2 slot
    Storage #1Samsungs EVO 850 128GB
    Storage #21TB HGST Travelstar 7K1000 (HTS721010A9E630)
    CPU CoolerMother Nature & Thermodynamics laws
    Mouse Logitech MX 518
    Headset/Speakers Logitech T6060
    OS Cleaned installed Windows 10 HOME x64
    Accessory #1 Leap Motion

    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Reputation
    71
    Posts
    767

    @Sillu, as you can see from my signature, I'm a knowledgeable person that have contributes many guides and helped many users in this forum.
    I'll be glad to help you and any other user, new or veteran, if you replay in a similar topic already opened thread.
    That way not only you'll solve your issue, but others can enjoy in the future a concentrated thread about the issue, thus having more knowledge IN ONE PLACE, instead of multiple scattered threads.

  9. #9
    New ROGer Array
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    3

    Primrose

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinThyme View Post
    This sub forum is far more full of spam post from wannabe moderators scolding the potential of any new members. If you cant help or don't want to help please just move on. One thing is for sure if you search keywords you use to scold other members there would be hundreds of hits, most of your posts! If you wish to start your own forum and hassle every new member that pops in feel free. They sell domains at Godaddy.
    https://www.godaddy.com/offers/defau...160402125645:s
    Thank you in advance for leaving the newbies alone.

    Back on topic for the OP

    Before you installed the new ATK package did you uninstall the old one?
    If there are any remnants left it often can cause problems.
    First uninstall the old package, then go to C:\Programfiles (x86)|ASUS and delete the ATK Package folder. Then install the new package. There are only 3 reasons for the back-light not to work.
    1)ATK package
    2)ribbon cable loose
    3)lights are shot

    is highly doubtful that the lights are shot as there are more than one and they would not all go at once.
    Although I have tried it many times already I did it again, uninstalled and deleted the package and downloaded the newest driver I found on the ASUS page, which was the 2014/05/21 driver version V1.0.0034
    for Windows 8.1 64bit. Still nothing. All other fn + f# combinations seem to be working, just the fn + f3 and fn + f4 don't do anything...

  10. #10
    Banned Array JustinThyme PC Specs
    JustinThyme PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)G752VY-DH72
    MotherboardRampage VI Extreme
    ProcessorI9 9940X
    Memory (part number)64GB DDR4 8x8 Corsair Dominator Platinum 3800 MHz @ C17
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1GHz
    Graphics Card #2ASUS Strix 2080Ti O11G @ 2.1Ghz
    Graphics Card #3ROG Nvlink
    Graphics Card #4Have to feed animals
    Sound CardExternal Audioengine D1 24 bit 192kbps DAC
    MonitorASUS PG348Q @ 100Hz
    Storage #1Intel 905P 480GB U2 flavor
    Storage #2Samsung 850 EVO 1TB X2 in RAID 0, 960 PRO 1TB DIMM.2_1
    CPU CoolerHeatKiller IV PRO and VRM blocks ,Dual D5 PWM serial, 2X 480, 1X 360 RADS
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite 8X LL120 PWM, 3X LL140 PWM, 12 SP120 PWM 1x AF140 PWM
    Power SupplyCorsair AX 1500i
    Keyboard ASUS Claymore
    Mouse ASUS Spatha, Logitech MX Master
    Headset Sennheiser HD 700
    Mouse Pad ASUS ROG Sheath
    Headset/Speakers Audioengine A5+ with SVS SB-1000 Sub
    OS Win10 Pro 1809
    Network RouterNetGear NightHawk X10
    Accessory #1 NetGear Prosafe 10GBe Switch
    Accessory #2 Qnap TVS-682 NAS modded with I7 CPU

    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Reputation
    144
    Posts
    3,859

    Quote Originally Posted by Gps3dx View Post
    Justin,
    Sorry to inform you, but other can write their own opinion, exactly as you do, WHILE FOLLOWING THE FORUMS RULES !
    I.E WITHOUT OFFENDING POSTS !
    If you got issues with the way the built in search works - you should direct your anger toward yourself at first, then you're welcome to write a complaint to ASUS.

    Now, if you just looked at recent's admin (xeromist) post, you can clearly see that he back me up.
    When I encounter a clearly repeated, well discussed theme, yes, I'm allowed to comment to that person (freedom of speech), so he/she will be able to learn from the knowledge already existed in this forum, and hopefully, when the issue resolves, he/she can report back IN A THREAD THAT ALREADY COVERS THE SAME ISSUE, thus enriching this forum knowledge.

    Because you continue to write such offending posts, you leave me no choice but to escalate the case to the forum's admins,
    as YOU ARE CLEARLY VIOLATE THE FORUM RULES ! (you systematically harass me and my legal right of freedom of speech)
    One can easily search your posts, which shows a direct pattern, of systematically leaving OFFENDING POSTS FOR ABOUT ANY 2ND MESSAGE I LEAVE ( this without mentioning that you harass other users )
    THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

    MarshallR / xeromist - Can I have your input on this please ?

    ( I really don't want to open any new thread about it )
    You really need to get off of your high Horse Dude, Xeromist did not and will not back you up in playing moderator and belittling new members and tooting your own horn, so please stop already! It is NOT YOUR PLACE!! If you want to direct the member to another place then feel free. YOU DO NOT OWN THIS FORUM AND YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR!!

    at least you stopped with the stupid pip boy C&P!

    Note OP just totally IGNORED YOU!!

    Back on topic

    @ OP

    Normally the issue here is with the ATK package. If you have exhausted all atempts in getting a clean install of this short of doing a complete factory reset I would be inclined to say you have a hardware problem. Could be the back lights are out or the ribbon that provides power has a bad connection. The only thing left after that is an issue with the circuitry on the motherboard that provides the power.
    Last edited by JustinThyme; 04-02-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •