cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyboard backlights on g750jz not working

Sillu
Level 7
Hey guys, I decided to ask for help here since I don't know how to get keyboard backlights working on my g750jz.
Maybe it doesn't even have them? I have downloaded ATK packages and whatnot but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?
13 REPLIES 13

JustinThyme
Level 13
Just watched about 20 video reviews to see it any back lights came up and managed to find one that did show white back lighting.
Stupid question, you have tried Fn+F4?

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
Just watched about 20 video reviews to see it any back lights came up and managed to find one that did show white back lighting.
Stupid question, you have tried Fn+F4?

Yes, I have tried fn+f4.

Gps3dx
Level 12
Sillu wrote:
Hey guys, I decided to ask for help here since I don't know how to get keyboard backlights working on my g750jz.
Maybe it doesn't even have them? I have downloaded ATK packages and whatnot but still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

This sub-forum is already bombarded with threads about this subject.
I suggest you use the built-in search or google the theme with a postfix of "site:rog.asus.com".

Please next time reply in an already open thread about similar topic, that way others in the future can get help from a thread that is dedicated for such topic/theme.

Thanks.
Asus G751JT
Samsung EVO 850 120GB + 1TB HDD 7200RPM
Cleaned installed Win 10 HOME
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]ROG LAPTOPS: COMPLETE DRIVER LIST ![/POST]
  • [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
This sub-forum is already bombarded with threads about this subject.
I suggest you use the built-in search or google the theme with a postfix of "site:rog.asus.com".

Please next time reply in an already open thread about similar topic, that way others in the future can get help from a thread that is dedicated for such topic/theme.

Thanks.

This sub forum is far more full of spam post from wannabe moderators scolding the potential of any new members. If you cant help or don't want to help please just move on. One thing is for sure if you search keywords you use to scold other members there would be hundreds of hits, most of your posts! If you wish to start your own forum and hassle every new member that pops in feel free. They sell domains at Godaddy.
https://www.godaddy.com/offers/default.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2_23BRDb_qbvzK3X8M8BEiQAg87AF1UjHQgAtiScRW...
Thank you in advance for leaving the newbies alone.

Back on topic for the OP

Before you installed the new ATK package did you uninstall the old one?
If there are any remnants left it often can cause problems.
First uninstall the old package, then go to C:\Programfiles (x86)|ASUS and delete the ATK Package folder. Then install the new package. There are only 3 reasons for the back-light not to work.
1)ATK package
2)ribbon cable loose
3)lights are shot

is highly doubtful that the lights are shot as there are more than one and they would not all go at once.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, I'm not sure about the former” ~ Albert Einstein

JustinThyme wrote:
This sub forum is far more full of spam post from wannabe moderators scolding the potential of any new members. If you cant help or don't want to help please just move on. One thing is for sure if you search keywords you use to scold other members there would be hundreds of hits, most of your posts! If you wish to start your own forum and hassle every new member that pops in feel free. They sell domains at Godaddy.
https://www.godaddy.com/offers/default.aspx?gclid=Cj0KEQjw2_23BRDb_qbvzK3X8M8BEiQAg87AF1UjHQgAtiScRW...

Back on topic for the OP

Before you installed the new ATK package did you uninstall the old one?
If there are any remnants left it often can cause problems.
First uninstall the old package, then go to C:\Programfiles (x86)|ASUS and delete the ATK Package folder. Then install the new package. There are only 3 reasons for the back-light not to work.
1)ATK package
2)ribbon cable loose
3)lights are shot

is highly doubtful that the lights are shot as there are more than one and they would not all go at once.

Although I have tried it many times already I did it again, uninstalled and deleted the package and downloaded the newest driver I found on the ASUS page, which was the 2014/05/21 driver version V1.0.0034
for Windows 8.1 64bit. Still nothing. All other fn + f# combinations seem to be working, just the fn + f3 and fn + f4 don't do anything...

navis995
Level 11
Unless there is some ribbon damage that connects to the keyboard light, the ATK package from Asus for G750JZ Windows 10 should work.
If it doesn't then you have physical damage.
Asus Rog G750JZ
Screen: 1920x1080 17.3'
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-4700HQ (3.4Ghz @ -70mV)
GPU: GeForce GTX 880M 4GB (OC +125Mhz Core, +600Mhz Memory @ 1.062V)
RAM: Samsung 32GB 1600MHz
Storage #1: Samsung Evo 840 250GB
Storage #2: Samsung Evo 850 500GB
Storage #3: Seagate Barracuda 2TB
Storage #4: Samsung Evo 128GB MicroSD

JustinThyme wrote:
...www.godaddy.com....

Justin,
Sorry to inform you, but other can write their own opinion, exactly as you do, WHILE FOLLOWING THE FORUMS RULES !
I.E WITHOUT OFFENDING POSTS !
If you got issues with the way the built in search works - you should direct your anger toward yourself at first, then you're welcome to write a complaint to ASUS.

Now, if you just looked at recent's admin (xeromist) post, you can clearly see that he back me up.
When I encounter a clearly repeated, well discussed theme, yes, I'm allowed to comment to that person (freedom of speech), so he/she will be able to learn from the knowledge already existed in this forum, and hopefully, when the issue resolves, he/she can report back IN A THREAD THAT ALREADY COVERS THE SAME ISSUE, thus enriching this forum knowledge.

Because you continue to write such offending posts, you leave me no choice but to escalate the case to the forum's admins,
as YOU ARE CLEARLY VIOLATE THE FORUM RULES ! (you systematically harass me and my legal right of freedo...
One can easily search your posts, which shows a direct pattern, of systematically leaving OFFENDING POSTS FOR ABOUT ANY 2ND MESSAGE I LEAVE ( this without mentioning that you harass other users )
THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

MarshallR / xeromist - Can I have your input on this please ?

( I really don't want to open any new thread about it )
Asus G751JT
My Guides:

• [POST=538713]How to install windows 8/8.1/10 on any UEFI supported laptop the PROPER way[/POST]
  • [POST=538711]HOW TO (EASILY!) UPGRADE FROM WIN7 SP1/8.1 WITHOUT GOING THROUGH THE UPGRADE PROCESS ITSELF ![/POST]
  • [POST=605307]HOW TO REMAP FN+KEY AND SPECIAL BUTTONS: "STEAM", "ROG" & "SHADOWPLAY"[/POST]
  • [POST=539663]Win 10 x64: SETUP USB @SUPERSPEED, NO HANG-UPS! | ACCELERATES USB 3.0/2.0 TRANSFER RATE SPEED TWICE![/POST]

Gps3dx wrote:
Justin,
Sorry to inform you, but other can write their own opinion, exactly as you do, WHILE FOLLOWING THE FORUMS RULES !
I.E WITHOUT OFFENDING POSTS !
If you got issues with the way the built in search works - you should direct your anger toward yourself at first, then you're welcome to write a complaint to ASUS.

Now, if you just looked at recent's admin (xeromist) post, you can clearly see that he back me up.
When I encounter a clearly repeated, well discussed theme, yes, I'm allowed to comment to that person (freedom of speech), so he/she will be able to learn from the knowledge already existed in this forum, and hopefully, when the issue resolves, he/she can report back IN A THREAD THAT ALREADY COVERS THE SAME ISSUE, thus enriching this forum knowledge.

Because you continue to write such offending posts, you leave me no choice but to escalate the case to the forum's admins,
as YOU ARE CLEARLY VIOLATE THE FORUM RULES ! (you systematically harass me and my legal right of freedo...
One can easily search your posts, which shows a direct pattern, of systematically leaving OFFENDING POSTS FOR ABOUT ANY 2ND MESSAGE I LEAVE ( this without mentioning that you harass other users )
THIS BEHAVIOR WILL NOT BE TOLERATED.

MarshallR / xeromist - Can I have your input on this please ?

( I really don't want to open any new thread about it )

You really need to get off of your high Horse Dude, Xeromist did not and will not back you up in playing moderator and belittling new members and tooting your own horn, so please stop already! It is NOT YOUR PLACE!! If you want to direct the member to another place then feel free. YOU DO NOT OWN THIS FORUM AND YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR!!

at least you stopped with the stupid pip boy C&P!

Note OP just totally IGNORED YOU!!

Back on topic

@ OP

Normally the issue here is with the ATK package. If you have exhausted all atempts in getting a clean install of this short of doing a complete factory reset I would be inclined to say you have a hardware problem. Could be the back lights are out or the ribbon that provides power has a bad connection. The only thing left after that is an issue with the circuitry on the motherboard that provides the power.

JustinThyme wrote:
...YOU DO NOT OWN THIS FORUM AND YOU ARE NOT A MODERATOR!!...
...at least you stopped with the stupid pip boy C&P!

Dear @MarshallR/Bahz/xeromist, Can you please deal with "JustinThyme" as he just broke the forum rules, AGAIN ?
Much obliged.

EDIT: This is the PM's title that dear "JustinThyme" sent me after I posted the above words:

Just so you know... its "VERY" appropriate according the the FORUM RULES.
Not to mention the chauvinistic attitude of course, which is very updated to our politically-correct society and laws.
Asus G751JT
My Guides: